Linds, I still bite my nails and I am how old? Hopefully he will outgrow it unlike me. I had that nasty stuff painted on my nails and it didn't phase me in the least. :-) As far as the swings, wait until Mor-Mor gets back and have her swing and he will do what she wants to do.
Madi has always bit her nails, and when she was Mason's age, she would FLIP OUT if I tried to put her on a swing. She STILL bites her nails, and she just learned to like the swing, one little, tiny push at a time.
Tanya sounds about right. my brother put those brown cloth band - aids on my fingers when I was little to get me to stop sucking my fingers... to my disapointment, it worked :) cheer up friend!
Tanya is almost always right, but I'm pretty sure that if Mason doesn't like swinging with Mommy having MorMor suggest it won't make a lot of difference :-) About the nailbiting....We put Tabasco sauce on your thumb when we wanted you to quick sucking it....maybe giving him a manicure with Tabasco sauce would do the trick???
Remember the tobasco Linds?? I don't really remember, but know that I had to quit at the same time you did...just doesn't seem fair =) Just kidding mom. The swings will get better I am sure. As for the nail biting...I would try the nasty polish if he'll let you. Love to you today!!
It could be alot worse. When he is ready for swings, then he will like it...for now, be thankful he is not falling out of them and cracking his head open. As for his nails, choose your battles. He cannot communicate everything that is going on inside his head yet...this is just a release for him. You can address this at another time if he continues to bite them. Don't fret too much.
Don't you hate it when your mom tells you that you did the same thing when you were little? Every time I tell a horror story about one of the girls my mom one-ups me. Try the tobasco!! EEK! Personally, I'd enjoy the dislike of the swing while it lasts. I wonder if that means he won't like roller-coasters???
You would think I would have a lot of "Motherhood Wisdom" to offer you, but all I can say is, be thankful his habit is not picking his nose, especially in public. Nail biting is much more publicly acceptable, although not as good on the teeth. The good news is, they are only his baby teeth and they will soon be replaced by permanent ones, so, no harm done.
11 comments:
I'm telling ya paint his nails with that nasty stuff! I would love to see his face when he takes a bite of that! :)
Linds, I still bite my nails and I am how old? Hopefully he will outgrow it unlike me. I had that nasty stuff painted on my nails and it didn't phase me in the least. :-) As far as the swings, wait until Mor-Mor gets back and have her swing and he will do what she wants to do.
Tanya
Madi has always bit her nails, and when she was Mason's age, she would FLIP OUT if I tried to put her on a swing. She STILL bites her nails, and she just learned to like the swing, one little, tiny push at a time.
Tanya sounds about right. my brother put those brown cloth band - aids on my fingers when I was little to get me to stop sucking my fingers... to my disapointment, it worked :)
cheer up friend!
Tanya is almost always right, but I'm pretty sure that if Mason doesn't like swinging with Mommy having MorMor suggest it won't make a lot of difference :-)
About the nailbiting....We put Tabasco sauce on your thumb when we wanted you to quick sucking it....maybe giving him a manicure with Tabasco sauce would do the trick???
Remember the tobasco Linds?? I don't really remember, but know that I had to quit at the same time you did...just doesn't seem fair =) Just kidding mom. The swings will get better I am sure. As for the nail biting...I would try the nasty polish if he'll let you. Love to you today!!
It could be alot worse. When he is ready for swings, then he will like it...for now, be thankful he is not falling out of them and cracking his head open. As for his nails, choose your battles. He cannot communicate everything that is going on inside his head yet...this is just a release for him. You can address this at another time if he continues to bite them. Don't fret too much.
Elly still bites her nails when she is nervous...I bought the nasty nail stuff but have yet to use it! We will see if it really works!
Have his grandpa push him on the swing...he'll love it. There's just something about a grandpa!
Don't you hate it when your mom tells you that you did the same thing when you were little? Every time I tell a horror story about one of the girls my mom one-ups me. Try the tobasco!! EEK! Personally, I'd enjoy the dislike of the swing while it lasts. I wonder if that means he won't like roller-coasters???
You would think I would have a lot of "Motherhood Wisdom" to offer you, but all I can say is, be thankful his habit is not picking his nose, especially in public. Nail biting is much more publicly acceptable, although not as good on the teeth. The good news is, they are only his baby teeth and they will soon be replaced by permanent ones, so, no harm done.
Post a Comment