December 13, 2007

The Post That Wasn't.

I've not had 1 minute to spare this week.
I've used every ounce of energy my poor, tired body has allowed.
I've found little time for myself.
I've rushed through each day with my water bottle & box of Kleenex.
I've survived.

I've wanted to share thoughts & pictures & inspirations, but haven't.
I've wanted to finish my decorating, but haven't.
I've wanted to take a picture of Ian's stitched lip, but haven't.
I've wanted to write a note to my Grandma & Papa, but haven't (so I sent them all my December posts instead).
I've wanted to send Becky her package, but haven't.
I've wanted to paint my toenails all week, but haven't.

I have made wiener-wraps.
I have attended my niece's Christmas Concert.
I have had McDonald's for breakfast & dinner this week - more than once.
I have recorded my school's Christmas Concert.
I have opened a new tissue box twice this week.
I have loved receiving holiday cards & letters in the mail.
I have cooked 11 lbs. of hamburger this week.
I have shopped at Wal-Mart 4 times this week.
I have observed some of my peers working their magic with kids this week.
I have met with the superintendent, deputy superintendent, & assistant superintendent.
I have missed one of my favorite holiday parties.
I have helped plan & prepare & put on my staff party.
I have added change to our Christmas Jar.

This post.
This pathetic shout out to say "yes, I am still alive!"... well... it's all your going to get tonight folks. I'm beat & the whisper in my ear is telling me to sleep.

P.S. For those of you who did the Christmas Questions on your blog ... there is someone out there who really does like LOVE Eggnog.
Ian & Mason are Eggnogaholics... and I'm catching up fast.

Breakfast on our "Snow Day"... Eggnog French Toast!

DELICIOUS!

10 comments:

Becky said...

I'm right there with ya girlfriend! I am feeling the same way, and promise to post this weekend. can't wait to visit with you-really visit- and see you soon. Loved the post, loved the sound clip, I needed that reminder today as i start my journey up the mountain.
have a great day today --

Ronda said...

I am wore out just reading your list of events this week! Please take time to enjoy your boys this weekend, sleep and paint your toenails!
Love to you today!

Amy Tolar said...

I'm so glad to *see* you! I've been a little worried about you this week! Happy to hear all is well - take some time for yourself this weekend, my friend, you need it!

Anonymous said...

This time of year activities can snowball into an avalanche, that is for sure.....so glad that you are climbing up out of the "activity" and see your need to retreat a bit. Sleep tight!!!
Another snow day to get caught up would be nice, huh?!

Anonymous said...

You are one busy gal!!!
Thank goodness Christmas break is coming!

Kristie said...

Right there with ya Linds! Excited to hang out tonight!!

Kristie said...

Except on the eggnog part...GROSS!!

Stacy B said...

You've been missed. I always wonder what's going on when you don't post for a few days. Glad everything is find, glad it's Friday.

I agree with Kristie, gross!

Anne said...

Is there really eggnog french toast? How do you make it. We are eggnog LOVERS too...all 5 of us!!!

Michelle said...

I just KNEW that your life had to be very crazy for you to be so quiet! :-) Blessings... only 2 more days!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin