December 9, 2007

snow, wilkins creek & a chainsaw. (with details)


and the winner is...



well... one of the 4 "winners" we found!

It was a beautiful day spent with the 3 boys I love most!!




and now... at 10:23 p.m ... after 3 long hours at the local ER and 3 stitches later... we're exhausted.


... and no, it wasn't Mason.


Details tomorrow

so... it's 4:43 a.m. and I just made 7 of the greatest phone calls of the day - which isn't much... considering that there are still a lot of hours left in today- but hey... Today is a SNOW day!!!

and now... because I'm wide awake... I'll fill you in with the details of our evening:

So we get back to the Dick Ranch - the great place our cows call home... the wonderful ranch where 100 of our mama cows will give birth to their babies this winter... the ranch located 26.5 minutes from our house. A great place... just wished we lived there.
Anyway... back to the story.
I drive home with the boys (with a short stop at Angela's), slide through two stop signs, literally slide into Short Stop to fuel up, have a great chat with the gas station attendant, which is something that I find intriguing at most gas stations... anyway... I drive home, unpack what I can, fill my arms with coats & boots & hats, go back for load # 2 and am met by my sweet, tall, tough, never-gets-hurt, handsome husband dripping with blood. He removes the towel from his face and says: "I think I better go to the emergency room."
First of all, I'm stunned. The blood is everywhere and it's not from my oldest, most accident prone son. You can revist his accidents here, and here, and here.
Second of all, the words I hear coming from my husband's mouth seem to catch me off guard... "Mr. it will be fine" was hurt & hurt bad enough that we needed (not necessarily wanted) to go to the local ER when we knew most likely it would be BUSY! He had been trying to do something on the semi-truck (in the dark) and the bar strap nailed him right in the face. Stupid bars anyway.

So...

We load back up, drive 15-20 mph into town on terrible roads, slide into a parking place, walk inside with the other 15 people needing to be seen, visit with a nurse, fill out paperwork, and wait. And wait. And wait. Thankfully, my friend Susan rescued the boys and I about 45 minutes into the visit and took us to her house which is just a few blocks away from the hospital for dinner and a warm, cozy, kid-friendly place to wait. And poor, hurt, "it's really not that bad" Ian continued to wait.

3 hours later, 3 stitches, 1 tetanus shot, a big, fat lip/mouth, 2 tired boys, no pain medication, and another 15-20 mph drive back home. The day was finally coming to an end.

There you have it. The details. The moments in my life where I'm so very thankful that it wasn't worse, that we're still alive, and that another chapter in our book of adventures has been written. Day over. God's mercy & grace surrounded us yet again.

My comment as we're driving home: "Well, at least we have accident insurance!"
The response: "Seriously." with 2 rolled eyes.

24 comments:

Ronda said...

oh my, you do know how to leave a person hangin'...

Anonymous said...

What AMAZING pictures......
your boys are so photogenic!!!
Nice eye Lindsay!!!

Michelle said...

Totally love the Tree!!!!
Details on the ER, girlfriend! :-)

Kailin said...

Love the tree! Your boys are precious!!

Ok, waiting for the details!

kjenns said...

Lindsay...
Did you get all four trees? Because you know that means LOVE, right???

Praying for what is sure to be a good headache for Ian today...

But a SNOW day!!! Is there anyting better for a teacher????

Enjoy. Bake cookies. Love your boys.

Thankful the injury wasn't worse, blessings today!
Kellie

Lindsay said...

Kellie - yep... we cut all four... and I am going to spend my snow day decorating 2 of them. # 3 will go to school and the 4th one goes to Doug & Patty!!

Anonymous said...

Linds,
I love the photos! They are beautiful in the snow considering I am NOT a snow person. The boys are so cute!!! I love the pictures of them. I love your details of the evening and your comment at the end. Praying that Ian is feeling o k today with not to much of a headache. Enjoy your day at home.

Michelle said...

Enjoy your free day...it is a gift!

Amy Tolar said...

What a fun day! I'm so sorry Ian got hurt, though! I'm surprised we didn't see a picture of his "owie" since we've seen all of Mason's. :-)

Have a great snow day!

Kristie said...

crazy times! Glad Ian is okay and yeah for accident insurance...if you have boys its a must have!

Happy SNOW day!

Anonymous said...

:) Just another day for the Murdock clan!
Happy snow day and I am SO glad Ian is O.K.

Anonymous said...

God knew you needed to be home to take care of Ian today.....thankful for His sovereignty.....giving you the desire of your heart today...to be at home with ALL your boys!
Happy SNOW/DECORATING day!!

Anonymous said...

hey, linds....never a dull moment with the murdock clan! enjoy your snow day!

Katie said...

Oh no! Guess it's pretty hard to avoid accidents like that, though. Hope Ian feels okay today. Enjoy the snow day :)

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures!!! Bummer you had such a not so fun night.
But I am glad that you stopped by!

Anonymous said...

How is Ian? Thinking of all of you.
Love Aunt Loanne

Becky said...

Jeezo!!! I'm thinkin' about you and your family... hope all is well tonight. jealous of your snow day (mostly because it means you had some interesting weather!) =) love-

Anonymous said...

I want to see a Picture of Ian after the stitches. Action shots.
John

Tiffany said...

Oh my goodness!!! You poor thing!!
I dont know how you keep your head on straight!! You are something else... Amazing!!
Yeah for the snow day!! :o)

KayDee said...

Hope your snow day was filled with decorating fun and Christmas music.

Glad to hear Ian came out relatively okay.

I'm praying peace for you today.

Anonymous said...

Are you kidding - no pictures??? That is your thing - let's see them!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh man, just as I was logging off I heard Amazing Grace from your CD. I think that is the best version I have ever heard. Tears! Have a happy day, even if it is not a snow day.

Crystal said...

What an adventure! Nothing like a little more stress to add to the season! Glad everyone is ok. Poor Ian!

Angie said...

Lindsay,
I'm shannon's seattle friend...I have not been up on the blogging since the birth of my son, but i'm back now and just have to tell you... you have a very inspiring blog! I'm glad everything turned out a ok at the er...and how fun to have a snow day to decorate your tree's! Merry Christmas...

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin