September 8, 2008

How is it...



that you can feel like this one minute ...

and then suddenly you realize that things aren't exactly what they're cracked up to be ...

and boom... you've had it?!?


I'm laying it all out on the table tonight folks .

I'm struggling with this back-to-school routine/schedule/feeling like a single mom gig.... and I know I'm not alone. My "positive"... "life is good" ... "tomorrow is a new day" attitude is gone tonight ... and I'm desperately praying it shows up by 5:30 tomorrow morning.

We're still eating dinner late.

Harvest, which is pretty much break-down, fix it, break-down, fix it ... day after day after day, is still going strong. Good for the business, hard for the family.

Out of the driveway and on the pavement by 7 a.m. to get to Deb and school on time EVERY SINGLE MORNING.

My driver side mirror is broken... not that big of a deal right?! $ 300 later = BIG DEAL.

Every-day stuff like spilled water, milk, juice - pretty much anything liquid -ruining important papers and photos. UGH.

Snot EVERYWHERE.

Meetings, appointments, work, groceries. Life.

That stuff we all deal with (I know I'm not an exception) is EATING ME ALIVE.

I keep telling myself that tomorrow it will be better. Hmmm... tomorrow hasn't arrived in my world... and "today," well, it just keeps on coming.


We left at 6:55 this morning.
We ate dinner(DQ hamburgers and Mr. Misty Lime Freezes) on a blanket on the lawn at church. We got home at 8:30 tonight.

Tomorrow... we'll leave at 6:45.
We'll run into the grocery store with our re-use/recycle bags for milk, bananas & Strawberry Quick. (All which are "essential" items to have a successful morning... and all of which are not in stock in our home currently.)
We'll meet challenge after challenge head on & then celebrate the first round of the 99th Pendleton Round-Up at Mimzy & Papa's new home with approximately 75 other rodeo fans, and shout and hoop and holler while eating the best dinner we've had all week.
We'll be lucky to be home by 9.

And so it continues.

Life. Not easy, never dull, and self-inflicted.

Let 'er Buck!!

21 comments:

Becky said...

Let 'er Buck Lindsay. I think maybe that should be your mantra this week? =) I love you and wish you the best today.

Michelle said...

I can so relate... and you know so can our infinate God! It sucks to run the show all alone for days and days on end. To feel so drained that you don't have another ounce of energy to give. BLESS YOU! (Hey... I am impressed that you did say something different that rhymes with Let R Buck!) :) Loves to you!

Katarina said...

Your Monday, sounds like my Monday, so glad I wasn't alone :) Praying for you and your family this week as you face the challenges of everyday life. May God fill you with strength and energy the week when you need it most and surprise you with little blessings through out the days to make you smile.

KayDee said...

I'll pray that this morning goes smoothly and I'll give you a big hug at the Slack party this evening. Looking forward to getting to visit with you today!

Been showing Eli your blog and telling him about your boys. We bought a new pair of wranglers for E --- since Dad isn't much of a Western guy--its his first pair. I hafta say he looks pretty adorable in them!!

See you tonight.

Sweet Blessings said...

Hi! Thanks for the sweet reply to my post...and for sharing your life in such amazing ways through your blog!

Your post today made me smile, not because of your struggles the past week, but because so many times I've felt that exact same way. It's nice not feeling alone. See God is using you even through those rough patches to touch others!

So, today my prayer for you is feeling God's peace, finding His laughter, and many, many Sweet blessings!

Kristie said...

linds prayin' you through!!

Love you!

Anonymous said...

Linds,
Love to you today, and prayers to you today. I wish you peace and a calm today. Have a great day and a good calm rest of your week. Your posts make me smile and laugh even though you struggle through them, I know you see some light at the end of the days. have a great day.
Love ya,

Sharon said...

....just prayed for you, friend. : )

Kerry said...

I know it's tough to see the bright side sometimes but you know that it's all worth the effort it takes to keep one foot in front of the other. Keep smiling!!! You have lots of prayer support and emotional support, as well.
Love to you today and every day!

Lisa said...

Your Monday sounds a lot like my Monday through Friday :) You're not alone, girlfriend. I'll be praying for your mornings especially.

In the mean time, there is no shame in sending your kids to bed in clothes they'll wear the next day, is there???

Hugs to you!

Penny said...

I understand those days,except with us it's soccer games, football practice, late night plumbing service calls, and STILL trying to get our house finished and wondering why in the world life is so crazy. Enjoy all these moments. God Bless you and I'll pray for you and your sanity!

Kirsten said...

Praying for rest in the spare minutes you may have. Keep truckin' along.

love and peace to you today!

I relate to the runny nose - I gave Ava my cold - not such a happy girl all the time.

Anonymous said...

Hang in there Linds, I will be praying for you!

Love you!

Beth said...

Hi Linds! I don't know how you do it all! You are amazing!

Excited to hear about the rodeo!

Praying for you!

Stacy B said...

I guess you just wipe the snot and keep on keeping on. Things will hopefully slow down after Round-up. Why doesn't the rest of the state realize that this is a friggin' national holiday?

I hope your evening at the Round-up wasn't overshadowed by all the lists of things you have going on in your head.

Thinking about ya! Yee Haw!

Anonymous said...

You describe things, life, so vividly. ...Will be praying for you this week. Hang in there!!

Kailin said...

Sending you huge hugs via cyberspace..hope today is MUCH better! I love your realness, sharing the goods and the struggles. Miss you, love you, and praying for you!

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

I want to cry just thinking of being OUT THE DOOR by 7... :)

Stacey said...

Boy do I sruggle like this every. single. day!!! I have a hard time getting the homework done, reading time and relaxing fun time all in too!! Supper sometimes gets decided late!! Fast food are us!! Keep it up I am sure you are doing great!!!

Pendleton Pathways: International Travel said...

I hope you are feeling better now. I was totally feeling your pain and wasn't reading posts because I was too busy and flustered. I wish I would have earlier and known you were struggling too. Not to share misery, but compassion and empathy that all moms need. Hang in there, I will be thinking of you.

Anonymous said...

Lindsey,

I read this and respond as parts touched me,

But first, and most appropriately, I hope Roundup was the Break you all needed...

Sel Inflicted. At the end of the year I tell tam that all the time. Yet, seldom do I recognize a lot of my stress and troubles are slef Inflicted...

Harvest....A lot of time in Ag we need to realize..We all nee a break...Maybe an hour or just three..To put aside all that is urgent and perhaps focus on what matters..... LOL, easy t say, hopefully I will learn to put it into practice,

;-}

Mr PPRM

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin