September 25, 2008

Prayers, Pencils & Purpose

I've seen some pencils today {up close and personal}.

I've said some prayers today {on more than one occasion in a span of several minutes}.

I've opened the book my dear friend Amy sent to me at the beginning of the school year...

and I found this:

Dear Jesus,

Help me to spread Your fragrance everywhere I go.
Flood my soul with Your spirit and life.

Penetrate and possess my whole being so utterly
that my life may only be a radiance of Yours.

Shine through me and be so in me,
that every soul I come in contact with
may feel Your presence in my soul.

Let them look up and see
no longer me, but only Jesus!

Stay with me
and I shall begin to shine as You shine;
so to shine as to be a light to others;
the light, O Jesus, will be all from You.

None of it will be mine;
it will be You shining on others through me.

Let me thus praise You in the way You love best,
by shining on those around me.

Let me preach You without preaching,
not by words but example,
by the catching force,
the sympathetic influence
of what I do,
the evident fullness of the love
my heart bears to You.

Amen.

~ Mother Teresa

God is in the tough stuff.

He is.

And He uses it to make us better.

He does.

He will.

He has to.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a BEAUTIFUL prayer.

Amen!

Crystal said...

Powerful Linds!

Sweet Blessings said...

That's what I call a "God thing"...you open up a book, and there it is...just like God said "Ta-Dah" (spelling???)! Thanks for sharing those words with me...I so want to print them off and post them in a prominent place....!!! God is so Amazing! Sweet blessings!

P.S. How are you feeling about Preschool???

Kerry said...

Wow, that is what I needed to hear/read today! I've been prayerfully considering my purpose and this prayer says it all!
Thanks for sharing yourself and your revelations with the rest of us.
Love you!!!

Becky said...

I sure hope so! I have had quite a week, and that prayer was a nice way to 'start the end' of my week.

Amy Tolar said...

I am so glad you are enjoying the book - it just "looked like you".

Thanks for the friendly ear they other day - you are much appreciated.

Katarina said...

May you feel Him in everything this weekend and know that He is working in your life and the life of those around you. I truly enjoy reading your blog and getting to know you through your words. I am praying for you and your family.

Kirsten said...

What a beautiful prayer. Our purpose in life to impact others for Jesus!

Happy Friday! Love you.

Melissa said...

Thank you for sharing this. I am wondering when you are going to write a book! You are so poetic! Have a blessed weekend!

Kirsten said...

Love this prayer...such wisdom from Mother Teresa.

Sue said...

I so love that. I read that a while ago and don't even know how I found it. So great to see it again. It speaks so much of what we feel, want, try for, long for.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin