October 5, 2008

The beginning of October ...

means several things here at Bales & Tales.

Beautiful weather.

A bit of rain.

Cooler days ... and nights.

Balers, tractors, swathers, rakes, and stingers come home.

Calves are sold.

Pairs are gathered.

Apples are picked.

Chaps have to be found.

Saddles are dusted off.

Spurs are attached to worn out boots.

Fences/corals need to be checked.

And our trips to Ukiah increase by at least 50%.


























and these two characters ...

well, their love for each other multiplies as they jump back in the saddle again.

Harvest may be over,

but now ... the cows are about to come home and another season of ranch/farm life begins.

16 comments:

Kristie said...

The mountains are so beautiful right now.

Looks like good times at B & T!

Happy Sunday!

Love to you!

Sweet Blessings said...

Happy Sunday! Yeahhhh...your man's going from farming to cowboying now!!! The pictures you captured are breathtaking...it makes me homesick for the mountains! Hey, is that Karl Jensen in the picture with Ian??? They do look so happy to be out doing what they love! Sweet blessings!

Pendleton Pathways: International Travel said...

Love this post!!! I love how you capture the essence of ranch/farm life and of this wonderful region that we live in.

The pictures are breathtaking. I love the picture of Ian and Mac... it brought a tear to my eye.

Have a great week!

Stacy B said...

Love the boots! This post made me feel like fall is finally here.

Hugs to you today.

Angie said...

I always enjoy your photos, they make you feel like your right there. How do you do that? Talent i tell ya. :) The more I read about all that goes on in your little town, the more I feel like small town living would be soooo nice. Enjoy your upcoming week!

Michelle said...

you have a gift for capturing life! I love the pics- particularly the boots!

I love fall~ :)

Shannon said...

Okay, i want to go with you next time!!! Your photography is beautiful!

I love the boots image.

Crystal said...

I love the boots! You have such a knack for capturing the beauty in life!

Anonymous said...

What an amazing talent in photography you have!
Love the pic of the boys in the cab of the truck ...... you don't have many of them side by side :-)
Ian and Karl look like two happy ranchers, for sure!

Anonymous said...

LOL, Ummmm..They know those boot were made for being covered, Don't they?


;-}

Mr PPRM

Katie said...

Stunning photography, Linds!! Gorgeous!!

Nicole said...

I absolutly love Ukaih this time of year. It was great to see you this morning even for the brief moment it was!!

Kirsten said...

Love all the pictures Linds. Looks like a great time. Thanks for sharing your life with us through photos and words!

Tiffany said...

BEAUTIFUL pictures! I love the mountains!

Stacey said...

Such beautiful pictures and a beautiful place!! Do you change the settings on your camera or do you just have an artistic eye and great camera?

You make the country come to life with your pictures!!

Beth said...

I want to be there!

The pictures are incredible!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin