There are times when it seems as if we give our everything to "our everything." Our kids, our spouse, our job, our God, our friends, our family, our neighbors... and at some point we find that all of that energy, love, time, and commitment we've given has paid off.
I've been reading a book this weekend that came to me in the mail from MOPS. It's titled {finding yourself in daily adventure}. The chapters are short, and due to the amount of pressure in my head, and my watery/itchy eyes, I haven't read much, but what I have read has been so eye opening and thought provoking.
The book states:
"Wife. Mother. Daughter. Sister. Friend. Moms wear a lot of different hats and fulfill a multitude of roles in any given day. As we shift from personality to personality, it can be hard to remember who we really are - at our core. Life changes us, but despite any maturation, wisdom, perspective we might gain, our core remains the same. The personhood we were born with stays with us our whole lives through. Our deepest desires, passions, traits seek outlet as much as ever, even if they are buried deep beneath a mothering exterior."
and then later:
"Who we are serves as a map to guide our journey as adults. Each task and accomplishment bears the unique fingerprint of our soul. We discover a role only we can fill, an adventure only we can live. That's when we truly soar and make the most influential impact on this world. We might very well be our husband's wife, our children's mother, and our parents' daughter. But we're first, undeniably, our self."
I have several friends who are amazing women, mothers, teachers, wives, sisters, daughters, friends. They go about life, wearing many hats, and somehow manage {by the grace of God} to make their passions and dreams become reality. Each one is different. What they do, how they look, what they say, how they feel ... and the adventure they're on is unique to them.
Honestly, I feel totally and completely blessed that I get to be a part {even if it is small} on so many different adventures! I get to cheer them on, I get to help them along the way, I get to watch with pride as their passion continues to guide them on this road of life.
Today, I opened an email & then my igoogle and couldn't help but smile. Finally! After sending an email to the author of this blog two different times {Blogs of Photogs} they finally featured her!!
Go to the link above & then visit HERE and give her a big WHOO HOO!
God continues to use her and bless her in many, many ways ... and lucky for many of us, we get to cheer her on!
8 comments:
Oh my gosh...I love you! Thanks so much for being a dear friend and my cheerleader.
Your quote here describes exactly how I feel about so many of my friends as well: "Honestly, I feel totally and completely blessed that I get to be a part {even if it is small} on so many different adventures! I get to cheer them on, I get to help them along the way, I get to watch with pride as their passion continues to guide them on this road of life."
One of my greatest passions in life is seeing women/mommies feel blessed and content and driven in the gifts our Creator gave us.
I feel that way about you and your gifts as a mom, teacher, friend, photographer and woman of faith.
Thanks again!
Yeah, Shannon! So proud of you!!!
oh no, now I am gonna have to add another obsession to my list of obsessions..blogs of photogs....THANKS ALOT LINDS...(said with sarcasm, and yet thanks)
What a beautiful post and sweet tribute to a great person! I love the book you are reading..thanks for sharing some of those powerful passages! I hope you can sit back and enjoy all the adventures ahead for you too! I know God has great plans..... Sweet blessings!
wow.
very inspiring.
what a blessing to have these people in our lives!!!!
[[[Just stoppin by to say HI from Sarah's page VIA "life in the parsonage"! cute page!!]]]
~Candy
Thanks for always being in my corner!:)
This was a very nice post Lindsay!
Truly a blessing to be a part of each other's adventures! Love to you Linds!
Post a Comment