October 23, 2008

This Little Light of Mine.

I keep telling myself that the long, hard weeks are going to end soon. They haven't.

There are good ... actually GREAT parts to each week, but the hard parts are just flat out {hard}, and there is no way around it.

I shared this reminder with a dear, dear friend last night ... but I'm actually thinking it was a song for me. Oh how I loved it as a child, and I pray my boys will too. So much truth, and yet at times, so hard to grasp.

Today, and the days to come, I'm praying for my dear friend ... and can only ask that she would know how loved she is, not only by her friends and family, but by Jesus too!

.............................................................................

This Little Light of Mine

This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine.
This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine, let it shine, let it shine, let it shine.

Won't let Satan blow it out.
I'm gonna let it shine.
Won't let Satan blow it out.
I'm gonna let it shine, let it shine, let it shine, let it shine.

Let it shine til Jesus comes.
I'm gonna let it shine.
Let it shine til Jesus comes.
I'm gonna let it shine, let it shine, let it shine, let it shine.

Hide it under a bushel - NO!
I'm gonna let it shine.
Hide it under a bushel - NO!
I'm gonna let it shine, Let it shine, let it shine, let it shine.

Let it shine all over the world,
I'm gonna let it shine.
Let it shine all over the world,
I'm gonna let it shine, let it shine, let it shine, let it shine.


Matthew 5:14-16 {the Message}

Here's another way to put it: You're here to be light, bringing out the God-colors in the world. God is not a secret to be kept. We're going public with this, as public as a city on a hill. If I make you light-bearers, you don't think I'm going to hide you under a bucket, do you? I'm putting you on a light stand. Now that I've put you there on a hilltop, on a light stand—shine! Keep open house; be generous with your lives. By opening up to others, you'll prompt people to open up with God, this generous Father in heaven.

.................................................................

and what's a post without some pictures that make the {hard} parts of a week seem distant and almost non-existent?!






15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Linds,
This is an awesome post! Sorry you have had a hard week. I love your song as well. We sang it last night at AWANA with our little Sparks group and they needed it. Your pictures are priceless. Have a wonderful Thursday, and keep smiling dear friend.

Becky said...

Loving the colors in your photos and on your blog. All of the fall colors and such. You are strong and God is stronger. Let Him help you. =)

Sweet Blessings said...

Beautiful words... yours and God's... spoken to hearts waiting to be filled!

Yeahhhh...the WHOLE family got to go the pumpkin patch...What a sweet family, memory-making moment! Have a wonderful day...Your light does shine very brightly each day!!! Sweet blessings!

Sweet Blessings said...

P.S. LOVE Your new banner...because I LOVE those boots and getting the chance to see what they will do and where they will go everyday :D

P.S.S. They are always part of a conversation each time at preschool :D

Kirsten said...

Praying with you for our dear friend - What a light you have and needed to share with her - She will find her light and shine it brightly!

Anonymous said...

Those childhood songs are part of God's way of ministering to us/others!!
Your Light will help bring His Light into your/our friend's life ...... so good that you are there for her!
I pray that satan will NOT have victory in his attempts to take her eyes off of Jesus.
Thanks for sharing the pictures of our great time together.

Anonymous said...

Praying too.

Beth said...

You are a light! Hope you have a wonderful rest of the week! And so glad to see pictures of your whole fam together!

Kristie said...

Thanks for shining a little of your light on me tonight!

Love to you!

Crystal said...

You are such an amazing person Lindsay! Such a source of strength for your friend, yet so humble and articulate. God is in your words and He'll comfort you both!

Have a blessed weekend!

Katarina said...

I am praying for your friend as well, may she see the Light in you as you walk with her.
What a wonderful day at the pumpkin patch, the kids are just glowing, as are the grandparents! Hope you enjoy carving them too :)
Blessings this weekend.

Anne said...

Hoping that you have a restful weekend. We had conferences this week and I got the nasty cold going around...so I plan on lots of fluid and rest myself.

Brenda said...

Prayers for you and your friend. May you both find strength to get beyond the hard times.

Hugs to you my friend!

Anonymous said...

I love the "Fall collage" picture you have on the sidebar. Guess I'd better get a 12 x 12 of that one, too.

Hollie said...

All of your photos are great! I found your site through Sarah's!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin