December 5, 2008

Reality.

Isn't always pleasant.

Isn't always cheerful.

... but it isn't always bad.

I just finished leftover pizza from Papa Murphy's and a medium Peppermint Chip Blizzard for lunch.

The photo cards I'm selling at Mason's preschool bazaar next weekend are finished.

Our family photo card is done & in envelopes. The envelopes are addressed, the stamps are on ... the only thing missing is the {letter} and for some reason I've got writers block. Go figure.

The business Christmas cards are signed by all 4 of us ... what a chore that was :)

My school Christmas concert was Wednesday and all but 2 of my 24 {angels} showed up looking beautiful.

Festival of Trees is here ... unloading/decorating starts tonight. My involvement/participation isn't nearly what it has been in the past, but organizing Family Day (we're expecting over 500) with 2 other wonderful ladies has been just enough for this short-haired, freckled, and a tad overwhelmed girl.

Our two {Hands of Love} Christmas trees are complete and will be delivered to the Children's Hospital in Seattle soon. I hope to get a picture uploaded this weekend.

My answering machine at home is full.

My camera {sat} on the counter for 3 days this week.

Next week we have an event/party/function every single night. How did that happen?

Making cookies for the pre-school cookie exchange is going to be fun. Just wondering when I'll be able to do it. Monday at 10:45 p.m. looks open.

Our church offers a wonderful gift to it's congregation by taking their families photos. When I went to sign up - there were no openings for Friday night. I hope we can figure out how to get there tomorrow.

My class is tired. I'm tired. It's been a long week and we have two more long weeks to go.

Mason starts every sentence with {... but...} in this really, really whiny, irritating voice when he wants something or doesn't get his way ... not sure where he picked this up, but Ian and I have had our fill of it.

Pandora Radio is a wonderful way to play a variety of Christmas tunes - my class and I have thoroughly enjoyed it today.

I'm in a slump ... I try to write something and can't. I've never really had this happen before ... and I really, really don't like it.

I have always, always loved Christmas. The lights, the decorations, the REASON for the SEASON, the magic of giving and receiving... but I have not put one thing out yet. Again - what is wrong with me?

My secret pal for {Frenzied Fridays} at school gave me a cool red wooden star and Peppermint hand soap from Bath and Body Works today. My hands will smell wonderful.

Mack is trying so hard to say more and more words. He runs instead of walks, and continues to make us laugh ALL THE TIME.


Reality.

Life is busy.

Life is full.

Life continues to bring ups and downs ... but we continue to be blessed.



** from my {Make your Day Count} devotional for teachers **

Psalm 139:14

I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well.

Make a list of the many good things God has deposited within you. When tempted to condemn yourself for failing, instead pull out your list and rejoice in what God has done {and will do} in and through your life.

Hmmm....

Maybe I need to revisit {this post} and remember who and what I am.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are amazing!! And a blessing to our lives ..... even when you can't make sense of the way things turn out sometimes! Know that you are so loved and so loving ...... even when you don't think you are!

Kristie said...

you've got mail:)

Michelle said...

I am taking deep breaths for you right now! Breathe In...1...2..3..4 Breathe Out 1....2....3...4. Wow, my friend. Time for a hot bubble bath... maybe after you make those cookies at 10:45pm. Love ya!

Kailin said...

I don't think I have ever known you not to have a busy/ full life...but what I love the most is how you handle it. You will get through this busy season and will bless so many people just by being you! Thinking of you:)

Anne said...

Good luck with the ~busy~ of the season. Know that there are MANY of us out here...not only feeling, but living what you are talking about.

Anonymous said...

yep.

I KNOW EXACTLY how you feel.

but don't cha just LOVE IT!!!

((even the bad....when it's over of course))

Beth@playinwiththepaulsens! said...

love this post! super real!

Sweet Blessings said...

Sweet girl, You somehow always make me laugh (sorry, it's been an overloaded December for you already!) But, I do know where you can get a box of Sugar cookie Mix to help with those preschool cookies :D)...And, I'll be praying that God puts everything in place, from the church pictures, to each night's activities..to just some time to be in His presence! And...that YOU are surrounded each day by many, many Sweet blessings!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin