I love the sounds & smells...
people putting up a tent and trying to figure out which pole goes where and what side the door should be on…
the camp fire crackling and songs being sung…
the bell on a child’s bike as they "parade" by…
the “clank” of the horseshoe hitting the pit…
the campfire smell in your hair...
the hotdogs roasting on sticks...
to me... the sounds and smells are everything!!
I grew up camping every summer and looked forward to my family’s adventures in the great outdoors. I think my dad always wanted to be a park ranger… so no matter where we were or who was with us... we got the “full effect”.
Well, I’ve started the tradition with Mason and I can tell you that after our first camping trip - he’s already loving every second of it. We had an awesome time this weekend with our friends the Ledfords at Emigrant Springs near Meacham. It is a fabulous campground, has warm showers (free), lots of great trails to walk on, and it’s not too far from home. The sights and sounds were thrilling for Mason and he loved being able to “stomp” through the mud puddles (it poured down buckets and buckets of rain the first day). We also had our first “mushroom hunting” experience – so amazing to hike through acres of forest and see the beauty God has created...in all directions – not much luck with the mushrooms… oh well, the hike was worth every second.
My little explorer/camper loved the great outdoors and I’m so glad he’s excited to carry on with my camping “traditions” my parents started with me– whether he knows it or not, he’s in for some Awesome Adventures!
Here are a few photos... wish I could share them all...






3 comments:
Linds,
Another great Blog. It sounds like you had a ball camping and Mason enjoyed it too. I am glad that you love the camping and that you had such great parents to get you into it and excited about it. I have to be honest and say that my favorite type of camping is Hawaii in a hotel and the beach as I want and need it. I was reminicing through pictures today and found the ones of our Hawaii vacation where you joined us. Brought back lots of great memories. Thanks again for the blog and the great pictures.
Tanya
So glad your memories of camping are good ones.... how about the time you walked on oyster shells and cut the bottoms of your feet?!? You weren't thrilled with us trying to clean out the sand & shell pieces, but it had to be done!!
Now that we have a trailer to camp in we'll have many more memories coming up.... this time Ranger Papa teaching little Mason about God's creation.
The pictures are great! Looks like you had lots and lots of fun.
This was such a great trip(even if I did end up hurting my knee and ended up having surgery), I hope we can do it again and again and again. Next time we'll have Mack and maybe even Ian will come too.
Post a Comment