"The measure of a life, after all, is not its duration, but its donation."
- Corrie ten Boom
"I can complain because rosebushes have thorns...
or rejoice because the thornbush has a rose."
- anonymous
Visit an elderly friend. Share flowers from your garden.
"It's only forgetting yourself that you draw near to God."
- Henry David Thoreau
there was a great section on "blessings" that I really liked...
TIME TO NURTURE
Turn off the telephones, televisions,
computers, video games, and radios,
and connect with the people who are
most important in your life.
Use this time to listen and to offer
comfort, encouragement, wisdom,
and direction.
"Find value in unhurried living, simple acts of kindness, and the little things in life that show God's love for you."
This is my new life motto - maybe it has been for some time... all I know is that right NOW I really want it to be what people see in me... unhurried, simple & showing God's love! (the unhurried part may be hard... but I'm going to try)
so... if you get a chance, check out this awesome magazine!
Learn to enjoy every minute of your life.
Be happy now. Don't wait for something
outside of yourself to make you happy in the future.
Think how really precious is the time you have to spend,
whether it's at work or with your family.
Every minute should be enjoyed and savored.
"So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God."
- I Corinthians 10:31
4 comments:
You really found some good stuff. And I'm sure you'll live by it ... you're a great person with a big heart! those simple words are an insperation to us all. thank you for sharing!
Amen, Lindsay, Amen!!!
I would love to get that magazine. . . is the name of it Lily? I think we ran into each other at Bi-Mart didn't we?? Hope Mason is feeling better. He is so cute. . .love all the pictures of him on your blog!
Whoops. . . I forgot to say the last comment was from Karen Snyder!
Post a Comment