May 22, 2006

Pole, Pedal, Paddle

Spent the weekend in Central Oregon - love it there and so blessed to have spent my childhood there - such a great place to grow up!






My dad and some of the people who work/teach with him at Metolius Elementary participated in the HUGE Pole-Pedal-Paddle event this weekend - what fun it was to watch!



I don't really see myself as a participant any time soon - but I definitely think I have the competitive nature in me (like my dad) and would love the RUSH of the race... not so sure which piece of the treck I would do best at.... definitely not the downhill skiing, or the running...but, maybe the biking.
Here are a few photos I captured down by the river...

















Way To Go Dad!!

7th Place in the Open Class Division
2:32:16
309th Place Overall(out of 795 teams)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!I love the pichers.They look really good.(and so does the weather:))

Anonymous said...

I happened to have been in Deschutes County during Pole, Peddle, and Paddle. Unfortunately, it would seem that the paddle part was limited to kayaks and I would have been more comfortable in the Queen Mary. But congrats to the winning Madras team.

Anonymous said...

I'm proud of my husband's participation in the kayak event.... he/your Dad, is a great competitor and it was great to see him give it his all, wasn't it?!

Anonymous said...

Love your blogs, Lindsay. Thanks for taking the time to keep us up to date. Talked to your Gram S today & she was telling me about your Dad's adventure. They are looking forward to being in Madras soon. See "all 3" of you soon!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin