May 26, 2006

Thoughts



Journaling is something that I’ve always loved to do, but to be honest with you I haven’t had nearly as much time to sit and reflect since marrying my wonderful farmer/cattleman. I don’t really know why I haven’t been as good about it because there is sooooo much more to journal about and I’m sure that our “stories” would be best-sellers in a publication about the “funny farm.” When I considered starting this blog, I thought it would be a great way to journal about Mason with family and friends and to keep them updated on Ian (since he never leaves this place – and yes he is alive and well). Not everything that happens is what I would call blog material, but then again… what is blog material?? Some days I definitely feel like there isn’t much to share, and other days I feel like I have to post 2 or 3 times to tell about everything. This has been an awesome tool for me to share my heart and our lives. I have no idea who actually reads my “journaling” and I wish there was a way to know that I’m not the only one who reads it at least 3 times a day…(pathetic)!
I think I finally came to grips with the reasoning behind this journal/blogging last night as I was reading my just give me a little piece of quiet book. It was talking about photo-happy moms (which I am one of… even with other people’s kids) and how you almost look for crazy things/situations for the “perfect picture” opportunity. I laughed to myself because just a short while ago Mason was running around and fell, and instead of rushing to him, I grabbed the camera because of how “great” the picture would be for his scrapbook. Ian couldn’t believe how “cruel” I was… I wasn’t thinking it was cruel at all – just a memory captured on film!
As I thought about my “picture taking” and how much I love my new camera (happy birthday to me … just a little early – from family and friends) because I can capture those moments even faster, I was challenged with thinking of photographing and journaling in a whole new way. I take pictures and write to show what great things the Lord is doing in our lives. He is always present and at work… at all times! I try to capture the moments that I feel Him at work… and even the times when I wonder where in the world He is…for me, it’s sharing my testimony… it’s capturing the sweetness of the moments my life is made of!
I know that I won’t be able to capture all the encounters my family will have with God in a picture, but when I don’t capture the scene, the smile, the tear, the beauty… LIFE… I can still write about it.
The purpose of this blog… well, it’s to record the stories of our life in picture and word… so that whoever “stumbles” upon it can be blessed and uplifted. The quote I loved in the book… “If acid free scrapbook pages stand the test of time, our scrapbooks will stand as alters, testimonies to God’s faithfulness in meeting our needs – and meeting us.”
For me… this spoke in huge volumes that my blog is a testimony, it’s sharing my faith, it’s living and knowing that God is present and with me at all times, and it’s capturing each moment for future generations!

Deuteronomy 11:18, 20
Fix these words of mine in your hearts and minds…Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates.

So, read on friends… and comment if you want – but most importantly enjoy life and live it!

** Karen… the magazine I was talking about the other day is called Lily **


** Brenna - I love that you started a blog!**





pictures from the park!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Lindsay & Your Guys-

Just thought I'd let you know I read your blog regularly and am SO impressed at your ability to write & take pictures. We wish we could see you guys more often, but I feel like I know what excitement you are up to with your blog!

Hope you have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend - I have officially become a irrigated (rather than dryland) farm girl because I am praying for it to STOP raining!

Love you all,
Jaime, Jeff & Molly

Anonymous said...

Linds, your blogs are really really AWESOME, and I do read them all the time and sometimes more than once. You have a beautiful talent of being able to write and share such special moments and times for yourself, friends, and family. Your pictures are so beautiful as well. I don't respond all the time, but I wanted you to know that I look forward to your postings. Thanks for the uplifting words on this one. That little boy of yours gets cuter and cuter all the time. It was good to see you last Sunday! :) Love ya,
Tanya

Anonymous said...

Madi and I read your blog EVERY SINGLE day! :)
I love the inspiration it gives me, to stop and think, and to live life to the fullest!
Keep sharing and inspiring!

Anonymous said...

Lindsay
You're right about the fact that God tells us to share His life IN US, with family and friends....especially to your children while you are walking along the road, while you're sitting in your house, when you lie down and when you rise up. (Deut.6:6&7) Your "blog" inspires me to look for His blessings in EVERY place He takes me.
Keep up the "good work".
Love you, love you.
Mom

Brenna said...

I share what happens and what I think so that maybe.. someday.. I will stumble upon Him.I have to find Him sometime. You have, and your sharing it with everyone makes it easier to belive that someday I too will find Him... if I keep an open mind. And trust me, I might have you beat for the number of times I read YOUR blog per day!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin