I never knew that "resting" was such hard work... until I met Mason.
He goes and goes and goes, and never wants to rest.
But when those eyes finally close -- well, it's never in the same place.
The tractor.
The floor.
The tiny couch he's about outgrown.
and today... the bed.
As I peeked in on him, I couldn't help but smile... and then I wrote this in his baby book:
Mason - you are such a precious, energetic little boy. You've grown up so much this summer and I can't believe that my time at home with you is about to be over. I love you. Even when I'm scolding you and throwing my hands into the air in disbelief, I still love you. You are the miracle that I'm so blessed to call mine - the little boy I wouldn't trade for anything. In a few years from now, this "trying" and frustrating time in our relationship will be a distant memory (or at least I hope so) and we both will be better people because of it. I look forward to watching you become the boy/ little man that God has created you to be and am so thankful that He is already at work in and through that sweet spirit of yours. Rest my sweet child, close your eyes and rest, for the next adventure is about to begin!
September 20, 2007
Oh, The Places You'll Sleep...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
he is a sweet, sweet boy. and you are a sweet mama to deal with him! =)
I just got caught up on your blog! Yes, Mason can sleep! He is just resting up for his "next rodeo". :-)
Nothing quite like a sleeping kiddo to bring out the love in a mama's heart. ;-)
Lindsay, I just read through the last 5 or so blogs and...you are awesome! You are always so inspiring, even when you are in a "funk". You have this wonderful way with words and I feel blessed to get to read them...they help me, inspire me, push me! Thank you! Yes, Mason is cute when he sleeps! How sweet! PS, I've been in a "funk" too, lately...hmmm! Would love to see you soon!
Linds,
Those are such sweet pictures of Mason! He is a sweetheart and he has a wonderful mom. Thanks for all the inspiration you write in your blogs for me as well as others to read, and also, what a precious baby book entry. Have a good weekend.
Love,
Tanya
I love that boy!
I love that boy too!! So peaceful when he sleeps.
Don't you just love to watch them sleep?! They are so precious, and when they are so peaceful like that it is easy to forget (atleast for those few moments anyway) all the frustrations of the day! Have a great weekend!
A boy after my own heart...doesn't have to have a bed to take a rest! Sleep deep and fast Mason, there is more to do when you get up!
Post a Comment