The house is cleaner now than it ever has been.
The laundry is done - folded, put away, done.
The floors have been mopped.
The bathrooms have been scrubbed.
The boys are both sleeping - at the same time.
The candles are burning.
The paint is drying.
The music is playing.
The rain is falling and I'm breathing deeply.
All of these "great" things that have happened in the last 6 hours... and yet, I'm still struggling.
I'm worn out with scolding & spanking.
I'm tired of saying "NO"... over and over and over.
I started saying "YES" instead... and it just got worse.
Why do parents have to go through this?
Why can't kids just do what they're told... the first time.
Why is he good for everyone else but us?
Why, why, why?
Needing some prayer right now.
Trying my best to stay calm and rationale - but it is so hard.
Feeling like everything is maxed out - and something is going to explode.... hopefully not him.
Going back to work on Monday might not be such a bad thing.
9 comments:
Hang in there, my dear.
There will be a day, sooner than later when you can hardly remember feeling like this, at all.
Go and watch the video of him, being a "Tire Buster" That is sure to melt your heart.
A couple more days at home, and you will be missing him.
Just keep taking deep breaths and remembering that there will soon be a day that these struggles are distant memories.
Thank goodness your mama is back!
HI Linds,
great post! You are an awesome mom and sometimes saying no is best. It sounds like you got a lot accomplished today. Enjoy having your mom back for awhile and enjoy work next week. Keep that cute smile.
tell me what to pray for. love you
Linds... I have said many times in the last year that I think I am a better mom when I am working... sometimes a break is good. Maybe it won't be so bad.
Now... on the other hand... give yourself a break! ;-) You have had a LOT of change in your life lately. You are a GREAT mama!
Wow! There is so much wisdom in the comments. I will be lifting you up!
.....but your hair looks good :)
He's 2. Hang in there. I know. I'm there. Love ya. Call me anytime you want to share frustrations and we can cry together. :) Praying for you, my dear.
Lindsay, I am praying for you right now. We HAVE to Discipline, Teach and Love while they are young, or the heartache and disapointment will be so great when they are teens and older. Lindsay you are doing GREAT!, you are a Wonderful Mother, a Good wife, an Awesome teacher and a Special Friend. Continue to keep the Almighty instructor in the center of your daily life. HE sees and hears our groaning and is able to lift us up and out...You are a favored companion.
Post a Comment