September 5, 2008

Another Amazing Sunset.


I gave God a standing ovation tonight as Mack and I sat in the driveway. (Thanks for the idea Sharon & Ben!)

Mack even joined in, but he did give me a look that seemed to ask, "What the heck is she doing?"
Go figure.

My late grandmother's birthday was yesterday and I know she would have applauded the beauty and peace with me tonight... in fact, maybe she was! (I do know for a fact that she would have taken a picture with one of her infamous disposable cameras she always seemed to have on hand.)

It's been a LLLOOONNNGGG week for all of us and as we watched the sky turn beautiful shades of red, orange, yellow, blue, purple, violet and magenta I breathed a HUGE sigh of relief.
Mack did too.

We made it.
We survived.
We faced challenge after challenge and we won!

Looking forward to tomorrow morning - french toast, bacon & a large glass of orange juice (since we all seem to be getting a cold) ... and maybe, just maybe, an extra 30 minutes of sleep. Highly doubtful, but it doesn't hurt to dream.

In loving memory of Grandma Heavey :

May green be the grass you walk on,
May blue be the skies above you,
May pure be the joys that surround you,
May true be the hearts that love you.
~ Old Irish Blessing

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love this.

Real life.

just as it is.

..Arn't we blessed?!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your memories of your Grandma. I too thought of her again, yesterday and almost daily.
She took many pictures and I know she loved sunsets.
Love Aunt Loanne

Katie said...

It was breathtaking! What a sweet tribute to your Grandma.

Have a great weekend!

Stacy said...

beautiful! where was I? bummed I missed that one!

Becky said...

Love you Lindsay!! What a great way to end the week. Happy Weekend, and Let 'er Buck!

Anonymous said...

Just beautiful! Happy Saturday to you!

Leslie said...

Oh that is so beautiful! Blessings to you this weekend...hope its a restful one for you!

Michelle said...

It was gorgeous! I love that you clapped for God! :)

Crystal said...

I love that idea of a standing "o"

Kirsten said...

Oh Linds...So glad God gave you a beautiful sunset to end your week! Smiling at the thought of grandma's cameras =) How was breakfast??

Nicole said...

God does gives us beautiful sun sets. Have a great weekend!!

Beth said...

Amazing sunset! Have a wonderful weekend!

Angie said...

The heavens declare His glory! Beautiful! Glad you made it through the week. Hope you can sleep in a bit tomorrow.

Katarina said...

Isn't it awesome how GOd shows us His glory? I hope that your weekend is running smoothly for your family. May God hold you all in the palm of His hand this week.
Blessings

Kerry said...

What a beautiful tribute to Mom/Grandma Heavey.......the memory of her picture taking with any camera that she had on hand :-) AND the Irish blessing was one she would have loved to share with us!
Thanks for your sentimental post!
Love you!!!!

Sharon said...

Wow. God was showing off last night, wasn't he?! I think it was just for you because he's "especially fond of you." ~my favorite (well, on of my favorites) quote from The Shack.

Anonymous said...

Linds,
This is a beautiful picture! So glad you were able to see it, and what a beautiful post. Glad you could end your week in such a great way. Hope your Saturday has been a good one. Enjoy your day tomorrow.
Love you,
Tanya

Kristie said...

even though we did connect in person this week; this post reminds me that even when we are away God is connecting us all...you sitting in your driveway; me in the stands at the HHS football game...but all commenting on what a beautiful sunset!!

Here's to the common love for Christ that binds our spirits even when are lives are pulling us in a million different directions and to the possibility of getting to spend some time together next week!

Love you Linds!!

shara said...

i just love sunsets, they are the most amazing, relaxing and breathtaking sites. so glad you and mack were able to enjoy it and share it with the rest of us. here's to many more. have a wonderful day!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin