September 24, 2008

an apple.


starts as a seed.

finds a home in the soil.

grows into a beautiful tree.

blossoms.

produces fruit.

is picked clean.

looses its leaves.

fights hard to stay warm all winter.

finds food and energy deep within.

and then ... the "circle" starts again & life continues.



I'm finding that my life is a lot like these apples right now, and not just because I'm a teacher. {although I really, truly do love apples} *grin*

I'm getting picked clean.
I'm watching those around me enjoy the fruit that I offer.
I'm seeing the leaves change and I know another season is on its way.
I'm trying hard to soak in the warm fall days.
I'm offering shade and rest as often as I can.
I'm ready to dig deep within my core to find that strength that will allow me to survive season after season.

I'm a lot like an apple right now. {and it's good}

I'm pressing forward ... I'm tackling the issues, assignments, challenges I face every day ... I'm offering fruit ... I'm seeing it picked & enjoyed.

and ... as I look UP and IN ... I know that God is here. Right here.








Enjoy the {fruit} in your life ~
trust, believe & KNOW that it's "sweetness" will carry you through the seasons to come.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Linds,
This is a great post! It is one that I needed, especially today, and especially this week as I am really struggling. Thanks for reminding me about this. I love the pictures too. I hope that you are having a good week sweet friend.
Love ya,
Tanya

Brenda said...

Linds~ Truly a moving post! Once again, you share much insight and wisdom through your analogy.

Thank you my friend!

Kerry said...

I LOVE this post!!! It is so beautifully written and so profound! The pictures of the boys really topped it off!!!!!
You are being a wonderful piece of God's "fruit" to those around you.

Anonymous said...

very Awesome.
I get it.
well, at least from my vague teenage perspective :)
If there is Anything I can do to help fill you backup.. let me know - that's what I'd like to be here for!

with time the horizons will come back

Stacey said...

You are so thought provoking and inspiring! I love your posts!

Michelle said...

One thought... for the circle of life to start again... that seed has to fall to the ground and die. I see you doing that. It has been a tough couple of weeks (falling to the ground) and you are dying to yourself as you look to God. HE is the one who brings life in you to share with your students, your children, and your husband. Bless you today and you experience your death and HIS life! The best life there is to live. Love ya!

Sweet Blessings said...

WOW! What an inspiring message today....it never ceases to amaze me how God uses you :D What a sweet, sweet blessing! (To you and us :D)

Fruit...it is a gift...worth growing! May you be filled with all His Fruits of the Spirit today! Sweet blessings!

Beth@playinwiththepaulsens! said...

awesome post!!! love love love the header pic!!! cute!!!

Anonymous said...

You are a beautiful blogger!! I need to take lessons from you. Truly a joy to read each entry. Keep 'em comin'!!
Cheryl

Anonymous said...

How sweet is that fruit!

Thanks for the insight.:)

Stacy B said...

You can feel like an apple as long as your farmer keeps you free of worms! *snicker*

Hummm, I wonder if I am actually going to push Publish Your Comment!

Once again, you struck a cord with me, friend. I admire the way you can put your feelings and faith into words.

Have a great Friday!

Crystal said...

Beautiful...just like you!

Anonymous said...

Great post Linds!

Anne said...

Nice one from Stacey. :-)

Here's to a fruitful fall - one with more Apple Pie Days, and not so many where we feel like Applesauce!

Becky said...

love you!

Kirsten said...

I am thinking I want the pictures of the apples blown up for my kitchen.

an apple is a good representation of tithing...90% is for our nourishment while the 10% that will grow and multiply (seeds etc) are for God!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin