On a scale from 1 to 10 ... my love for {birthdays} and everything that comes with them is a 10++.
I love that it's a day to celebrate life.
I truly enjoy being a part of another person's {special} day.
And someday... I WILL know as many versions of {Happy Birthday} as my mother!!
It's not about the party, or the gifts, or the fancy desserts - it's about being together, celebrating, laughing, living, and truly letting people know that their life is meaningful, important and special.
We celebrated Miguel's youngest son's 1st birthday this weekend. There was delicious carne asada, beans, rice, soda, {HOT} salsa, cake & JOY. Nothing fancy, no theme, no special invitation ... it was just us {Columbia River Straw & crew} ... celebrating life with each other!
As "Little Fernando" (his uncle is Big Fernando) sat wide-eyed in his mother's lap, watching all of us sing and clap for him I couldn't help but smile. Life for this sweet little boy is {good}.


Abraham Lincoln said it best ...
{It's not the years in your life that count, it's the life in your years.}
Feliz Cumpleanos little buddy - we love you!















12 comments:
I too love birthdays! What good pictures of his special day. It certainly looks like he (and everyone else) enjoyed the time spent celebrating.
What a nice post ...... being able to share Birthday joy with others is definitely one of life's greatest joys!
Life is good...and you capture it so beautifully ! I LOVED watching the celebration through the lens of your camera....What an awesome day you got to experience...and you are right, there is nothing better than just being together! It looks like Columbia River Straw & Crew are a GREAT group of friends! Thanks for sharing....Sweet blessings!
{SWEET}
thanks for the smiles
they are contagious
These are sweet pictures of what looks like a fun birthday party for a cute little boy. You take some great pictures Linds. I love your posts and I appreciate that you share with us. Have a great week.
how awesome!! what a precious gift you have given this family!!
Looks like you all had a grand time -- that's what a birthday party really should look like.
My husband would have died and gone to heaven with that menu!!!
Tenga un buen dia!
great post! I don't even know this family but I feel like I got to go to the party!! he is such a doll!!!!
So fun! Love the pictures!
And I LOVED coming out to your house for the first time. I can't believe i'd never been out there! Glad we could get rid of some of those baby clothes for ya! :o)
This post really made me smile!!!
Thanks
Really curious now...how many versions of Happy Birthday does your mother know? How many do you know right now...? Hmmm...me, I think I can hum the English version ok...but I am NOT much of a singer...so I avoid any singing if possible.
How fun!!!
He is adorable!!!
Post a Comment