October 22, 2008

The conversation started like this:

Hi!

Yep.

I went to school today. Mor-Mor took me.

I sang Hallelujah. {which really sounds more like Ha-Lelujah}

Uh huh.

No.

Yep.

Bye.

.............................................................................................

And then it continued like this:

Me: What did daddy say Mason?

Mason: He's coming here.

Me: Oh, good. What else did daddy say?

Mason: He was talking.

Me: I know... what did he say? Did he sell Whitey?

Mason: No. He said Whitey wouldn't fit in the stock trailer. {traiwer}

Me: Really? Is that what daddy said?

Mason: Yep.

Me: So where is Whitey now?

Mason: At Karl's eatin' hay.



I guess we all have a soft side ... and I'm starting to believe that even {traiwers} know how to shrink in size at a moments notice.

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it!

Those "men" of yours are something else ;)

Becky said...

What a great dad! oops, I mean trailer. =)

Sweet Blessings said...

Yippee Yay!! I'm clapping for your Mr. today & Mason :D There really are soft spots in our cattlemen! Now, there will just be frequent trips to Karl's to see Whitey!!! I hope you have a great day filled with all the special parts of Fall. Sweet blessings!

Anonymous said...

I love this post. :-) It is really sweet. So glad the twailer shrunk. I love the picture of Mason chewing on straw, you really know how to capture great pictures Linds. Have a great rest of your week.

kjenns said...

Praise God! I love that times love overtakes the material! Praise! Praise!

Anonymous said...

:) Reading this post was a perfect way to start my morning.
What a lucky little man, Mason is.
What a great story!

Stacey said...

Yea! You have a great one there! Oh I mean great three!! Enjoy life!zcg

Shannon said...

aww...such a sweet sweet post!

Anonymous said...

Very cute Linds!

Kristie said...

Yeah for Whitey!! Maybe she'll have twins next year!

Beth@playinwiththepaulsens! said...

I am blinking, blinking alot!!!! darn it!!!

Katie said...

Aw, so sweet!

And...YAY for Whitey!!!

Tiffany said...

So sweet!

Yay Whitey! :o)

Kirsten said...

I can just hear the conversation. That husband of yours has a sweet heart...or an amazing trailer!

Lisa said...

Ahh...so sweet! Gotta love those soft spots.

Anne said...

You go Whitey!

Anonymous said...

If Whitey ever does go to market, I might have to buy her....
What a sweet story she has - and the people who love her.
Cheryl

Stacy B said...

I am still shaking my head at Mason agreeing to sell Whitey since she was "open." He just gets it, doesn't he? He gets what being a cattleman is all about.

There is nothing wrong with having one pet cow...is there? Thanks Ian!

Kailin said...

tears.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin