October 25, 2008

The Laundromat.



Coins.

Soap.

Baskets.

Detergent.

... and some of the most heartfelt, amazing conversations I've had all week ... with complete strangers.

Mack and I spent 2 hours there this morning ... and I can guarantee you it was the best 2 hours of the week.

Seriously.

The smell of fresh laundry.
People visiting as they folded their clothes, blankets, towels, and matched up their socks.
I felt as if I had walked out of my busy, and hurried life and stepped into a little piece of heaven.
No agenda.
No multi-tasking.
Just {being}.

Why, oh why is it so hard to just {be}?

I wasn't there today because I have no other option of washing my things, and I really didn't know what to expect as I picked out an area in the middle of the room to wash all of our comforters and quilts, but I tell you what - it was indeed the refreshment my soul needed this week - in more ways than one.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Could Mack have been the drawing card??! He is so adorable investigating the new surroundings!
So glad it was a refreshing time for you ..... it's for certain that you needed to just "be" after such a hectic week.

Anonymous said...

I am pretty sure that only YOU, Lindsay Murdock could make a great post out of going to the laundromat! Great pictures!

Deb said...

I'm sooo glad your trip to the laundry mat was more pleasant then mine and by choice also.

Becky said...

awesome. What a great experience! =)

Nicole said...

So glad you got the refreshment you needed. There is nothing like the smell of fresh laundry.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you got what you truly needed!

Kristie said...

You my friend have a gift!! Thank you for sharing it with me and the world!!

Blessing to you on this sunny Sunday afternoon!

Anne said...

As a recent graduate of the 'mat for a year...I'm not missing it. I'm loving having a tv to fold clothes in front of. Something a bit different can perk up a week of routine, that is sure.

Anonymous said...

Good for you Linds!
I am out the door! :)

Sweet Blessings said...

Yeahhhh...what sweet blessing you found in your morning outing...I too, have to admit, I always find the laundromat a place of interesting stories...A friend of ours, owns one of the mats in town...and sometimes we'll stop in so Pat can visit with him...and while they talk, I always find someone to talk too...or even just watch...wondering what their lives and stories are....Thanks for sharing! I'm praying your weekend has been one of just "being" ! Sweet blessings!

Lindsay said...

How cool is that - little break in your day...at the laundromat.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin