December 31, 2008

The Dream Giver.

I love the idea of having a word to focus on for the year.

A word that I want to reflect me.

A word that I want to define me.

A word for me to be challenged by.

A word for others to see in and through me.

... and thanks to the inspiration of Ali ... I do.

Faithful was my word for 2007.

Time was my word for 2008.

Dream is my word for 2009.

I just finished reading The Dream Giver by Bruce Wilkinson. {thanks mom & dad}

The caption on the back is now printed and taped to the bottom of my computer screen.
{I printed one for school too}


And in 2009 - I'm going to {embrace everything that God has lovingly planted in this heart of mine} and dream.

How about you ... do you want to {dream} too?!

15 comments:

Becky said...

LOVE it!

Anonymous said...

I think "Dream" is a great word for you! I also love the new background. This is a great picture of you, and fun to see one of you!! :-) Enjoy your time sledding.

Anonymous said...

Elegant pose Lindsay ~ and a wonderful word :) happy 2009!!

Kerry said...

I look forward to seeing how God enables you to live the dream He has placed within you ...... so glad you enjoyed the book! It's challenging to think about, isn't it?
I know 2009 is going to be a great year!

LOVE the picture of you sledding!

Kerry said...

Oh, and I almost forgot to say:
"Happy Nu'ear!"

Beth@playinwiththepaulsens! said...

cool idea!!!

Pendleton Pathways: International Travel said...

Yours is the second blog I have read today that summed up 2009 resolutions with a word. The first was 'beauty' and then yours, 'dream'. I am once again leaving your blog with my brain swirling... what should my word be?

I think 'dream' is perfect! I am excited to follow your dreamful year :)

P.S. I would love the nest photo as a banner! I finally got in touch with my framing friend last night at a New Year's gathering. I took her the photo and she and all the party goers marveled at the beautiful of it. She took it with all sorts of ideas in mind for framing. I'll send you pics when it is done.

Sweet Blessings said...

Happy 2009!

I LOVE your new banner and the way you captured your "New" word with the picture of your computer screen and the book beside it!!! You are so inspiring....I'll be praying your word totally illuminates YOU this year! And, that God continue to speak through you in amazing ways! Sweet blessings!

Anonymous said...

Still thinking on my word... Yours is PERFECT!!! Love to you, and here's to a 2009 full of Dreams!

Anonymous said...

Thats the perfect word!

Crystal said...

I just told BJ last night that "Faithful" keeps coming to mind when I thgink of 09. Looks like you used that one already. I like Dream! Yes, I want to dream BIG!

Michelle said...

I enjoyed your encouragment to do this last year... I have been thinking on my word for this year...

As for your 2009--- as you delight yourself in HIM He will give you the desires (dreams) of your heart! Blessings!

Anne said...

I am going to do a 'follow-the-leader' post on this...I just need to find the just-right word. I have an idea...Thanks for your idea...

Katie said...

Sounds like a great book! Love your word and your banner is way cute :)

Unknown said...

Love, love, love that you picked the word DREAM. That is part of my new year's resolution too. Too dream big and to find my happiness.

I can't wait to show you what I bought for my bedroom to help remind me that I am not too old and haven't lived too much "life" to still dream...

I love that you are still a dreamer too Linds!!!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin