when I wrote about how {great} I thought the Urgent Care doctor was a couple of months ago?
when I saw him about 3 days in a row?
when I stopped by and took him a quick thank-you note?
.........................................
Today that Dr. called my house.
I was at work already but my mom answered.
He was calling to say {thank you}.
He was calling to say that the picture {with a note written on the back} of the bee flying toward the blossom was hanging in his office proudly.
He was calling to say that every day he looks at that picture and thinks of me and my two sweet boys.
He was calling to say that he'd been meaning to call for weeks, but felt like he needed to today.
...........................................
Some might see it as coincidence.
Some might say it was luck.
...........................................
Not me.
Coincidence. Luck. They're both words I use ... but I don't really {believe} in them.
I believe in a God that has a purpose and plan in everything.
... and when He shows up ... we're blessed.
...........................................
Mack has been sick for 2 days.
Not drinking much.
Not eating.
Groaning.
Restless.
..............................................
This morning was horrible.
I was trying to get to work on time.
Mason had been up since dawn {literally} ready to swath some alfalfa and trying to pack his own lunch.
Mom was holding Mack as he cried and cried and cried.
............................................
I left for work with tears in my eyes.
It's the last week of school.
Ian is still gone.
We're all tired.
and something is wrong with Mack.
.................................................
The Dr. called today for a reason.
I truly believe that with all my heart.
My mom visited with him on the phone and thanked him for his kind words about her daughter.
That call was a message from God to get Mack to his office.
.................................................
This post isn't to say hooray for me for writing thank you notes to those who rarely get them.
This post isn't about coincidence or chance.
This post is about God's timing in even the smallest things.
This post is about knowing that little things always turn into big things when God is involved.
...............................................
I wrote a thank you note just over a month ago {expecting no thanks in return} and today, God used that note in more ways than one.
.................................................
Paying it forward.
Extending kindness.
Showing gratitude.
Call it what you want ... but do know this: God WILL show up when you follow His lead.
16 comments:
ok that deleted comment was me...typo that I just couldn't leave there :) oops...
no time to retype...so I'll just paraphrase...
praying for you...much love to you today!!
Praying Mack feels better soon and that it's nothing major.
*God WILL show up when you follow His lead.*
SO SO SO true!!!
Have a GREAT last week of school.
WOW! Awesome! Amazing!
Thanks for this!
Thats awesome Linds! I am so glad your parents are here this week and praying your little man starts feeling better right away. Love you!
Tears in my eyes because that is SO true! Praying that Mack is better soon and that hubby is home quickly! Hang in there...the light is at the end of the tunnel!
So neat isn't it! Gives me goose bumps when little miracles happen! Have a great week.
I am praising God for His faithfulness in answering prayer!!! I was feeling soooo overwhelmed this morning and praying that the Lord would take over for my inadequacies .... wanting to know how to help little Mack and not knowing what to do for him. THEN the phone rang!! I don't usually answer when I can see that the caller ID is from a Dr. office but TODAY I did. What a blessing to have such an encouraging call from someone so respected ... and the call was to let Lindsay know what a blessing she is! So, I agreed with him :-) and asked his advice about what to do for Mack. I could hear the Lord's voice through Darryl's .... the voice of care and concern and assurance that I should bring Mack in for another look at his throat. God prompted Dr. Darryl to call and I received such a blessing from it. Praise the Lord with me!!
God is GOOD! I LOVE it when He throws those Ta-Da's out there...it totally makes my day :D And, I so know it made yours...Praying ALL is good at your home tonight! Sweet blessings!
totally agree with your last statement - its so very, very true!!!
that was so very nice of you & i'm sure the dr was happily suprised. things like that don't happen often enough :)
you have encouraged me to pay it forward more often - thanks!
How awesome is that! God honors our faithfulness, even in small things like sending thank-you notes!
Praying that Mack is feeling better and that your week is scattered with blessings:)
So sorry Mack isn't feeling good. Hoping he feels better soon. So so glad your parents can be there to help. I hope this last week of school can be a good one for you and your kids. God's timing is truly perfect, and this is a beautiful post. Hugs to you tonight.
What a wonderful encouragement!
I do hope he begins to feel better soon. :( It's rough when daddy is gone and mommy is exhausted. Praying for you Lindsay.
Precious! {and what a gift your mama is right now!}
God is GOOD.
Praying for Mack...
I completely agree...no such thing as luck or coincidence! Praise God that He is always in control :) He is so good!!
Love you!
Katie
Post a Comment