July 24, 2010

This place.

You've just arrived.

I've invited you into our home - maybe for the first time ... or maybe for the 100th.

There are toy tractors on the floor and a pile of Lincoln logs.

The High-Five magazine on the couch is turned to the {hidden picture} page.

The room has a warm feeling to it as light filters through the bamboo shades.

Your eyes move from family photographs on the wall to a book shelf in the corner filled with angels and crosses ... and then come to rest at the window.

That view you've come to know through pictures and conversations is now right in front of you.

A small {oh my} escapes from your mouth as you turn to look at me.

"I know," slips from my lips.

It's a quiet response but you hear it ... and now, as you stand the front room filled with signs of blessings surrounding you - you are seeing me more clearly than ever before.

I look a bit tired.

My hair is longer than usual and it may look a little un-kept or wild.

I have lots of freckles from the summer sun on my arms and face, and my toes are painted red.

My smile is slight and my eyes - well, they're dancing with joy. 

I've invited you over today and you've arrived.

You've come to this place that I've grown to love and you're not going to want to leave.

Stay as long as you wish.

I'm blessed you're here.

Because in {real life} or on the {web} ... life is better because of you.

........................


Now - what would you like to {chat} about? 

6 comments:

Anne said...

Hoping you are 'really' home during fair week... b/c you never know what dirty campers might just show up... even if you are not at home and make themselves home at your home.

Hope to see you soon.

xo

B.R. said...

How awesome life is. How great it is to spend time, any time with you. How fun and challenging kids and adults alike can be. How cool it is that you are soon to be an Aunt.. {again} :) What your newest adventure is, and how good it is to see the world from other's point(s) of view.
... that's what I'd like to chat about with you. :)

Sweet Blessings said...

I Love coming to your home...the minute I step inside I always feel loved, special, and oh, so "at home"! I'd love to come chat about this life adventure I seem to be on (you know the one that involves cows :D) and, all the amazing ways God is at work! Most of all, I'd just like to sit on your porch with a cool drink, look over your land, and watch your boys play...because sometimes, friends can just "be" and not need any words...and that's just how I feel about our friendship!!! Great POST! Sweet blessings!

P.S. I LOVE that your toes are red too :D

Shelby-Grace said...

I like the sounds of your house, because mine is a mess right now. Lots of painting. Lots of unpacking. Lots of late nights. Lots of stress at times. So even though it is almost 1 a.m., I am enjoying a bit of bloggy land right now and your blog is one I always look forward to:)

I hope you keep having an amazing summer! And thanks for your words of encouragment!

Kristie said...

thank you for always welcoming us! For making striped jello and sugar free pudding:) for sharing laughs and love!

shara said...

felt as though i was really there.. so happy for the blessings in your amazing life. so thankful to have you as a friend!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin