Spent the last Saturday in September 2007 at one of my favorite places in the world.
So many memories.
So many life experiences.
So many great things that helped make me the farmer's wife I am today.
All it took was one summer of making lunches, changing pipe, riding 4-wheelers, feeding baby calves... and "living" there... not just visiting.
I knew from that summer on, that I was going to have a life like that...
It's not all that I dreamed it to be.
It's not as glamorous as I once thought it was.
It's a life of hard work, long hours, tiring chores, endless lists of things to do... and... it's no longer that life that I dreamed I would have - it's reality.
It's a life I wouldn't trade for anything.
Sunny Royal Slope Dairy.
Home of my Uncle Tom & Aunt Hazel.
Home of their six amazing sons: Tom, Tim, Tony, Ted, Todd, Troy.
Home of the 2 giant silos that serve as landmarks to many. The landmarks I smile at each time I see them.
Home of the dairy barns, the corn fields, the milk parlor, the silage pit.
Home.
The family that started as 2 - 51 years ago, is now a family of 33... 34 hopefully tomorrow.
It's a family that supports, encourages, loves, guides, cares for, and is the true meaning of the word "together." The saying "home - it's where your story begins" is their life motto.
Hazel - the wife, mother, grandmother, great-grandmother, aunt, sister, cousin... is going through some major battles physically. She is headed to Spokane for treatment this week as she welcomes her first great-granddaughter into their family. She needs our prayers - prayers for strength, for peace, for rest... for assurance, for hope, for a miracle.
Aunt Hazel - may you know in your heart how much you - as a mother of 6 boys, as a wife of a busy farmer, as a 4-H mom extraordinaire, as a woman with a generous and caring spirit, as yourself... may you know what a gift you are.
May you know how much I treasure the life lessons I've learned from you. (and I know I'm not the only one)
May you always remember how much we all appreciate your smile and shining eyes.
May you never doubt how much you are loved and admired by all of us.
Blessings to you sweet woman and may your 70th birthday (tomorrow) be one that marks a new beginning for the rest of your life.
We love you.
8 comments:
You captured it well my sister! Love to you Aunt Hazel. Our prayers are with you
What a blessing she must be to your family! How lucky you are to have such a woman as a role model! My prayers are with you Aunt Hazel.
praying for a miracle
Wow... she looks GREAT! Not a day over 60! Blessings to your family... sounds like a big day tomorrow.
Wow six boys!:) You could have just posted that and I would have been impressed! She sounds like such a wonderful lady! I hope that things turn out as God would have them. Lifting her up to him right now!
Yes, Lindsay, you once again said it all for all of us in the family!! Hazel has lots of prayers going out for her, from family, friends, and all those that we talk to about her. We do have a wonderful family, and I'm glad that I'm lucky enough to be part of that !! Thank you for sharing and I will think about you tomorrow going back to work.
Thanks for sharing this story about yourself. Very nice Linds.
I am very interested with the quilt that is hanging on the wall with all the handprints. Do you know the story?
Post a Comment