The Welcome Mat with Rocky Raccoon greeted me with a smile today.
My home away from home hadn't changed much.
~Piles of papers and catalogs.
~Phone calls from my favorite IT guys.
~Monday morning Leadership meeting.
~Keyboarding with 3rd graders.
~A huge amount of emails to read/save/or just delete.
~Pictures of my boys.
~The "Patience angel" sitting next to my computer that I've come to rely on.
~My Library Boss name plate covering the Teacher of The Year award I once received.
~Children - wonderful children that I have the privilege of teaching.
~Smiles.
~Sighs.
~Hugs.
~Joy.
The day was overwhelming, but refreshing. Is that possible?
Emails from Neely, Misty, Brooke & Billie, a phone call from Ronda, a hug from Cindy, an IM from Michelle, an amazing work of art from Becky, flowers from Kirsten, a visit with BJ... all those things... and all of your thoughts and prayers made October 1, 2007 a great "first day of school."
and now...
I've just finished my milkshake from McDonald's.
The diaper bag is packed and sitting by the front door.
The gallon bucket full of strawberries I just picked is waiting to be washed.
Dinner is in the oven.
Mason is helping Ian "fix" something.
Mack is playing on his little mat on the floor.
The laundry is about done.
My prayer journal just got highlighted and starred.
October 1 - a success.
and so it goes... life in the working world once again.
13 comments:
Glad you had a good day! I've been praying for your return. Looking forward to seeing you around RH!
So happy your first day back was so positive!
Hugs to you my friend
So glad you had a great day back, I have thought of you often today, praying that the rest of your week gets even better!
:) Sounds pretty perfect!
Glad you had a good first day. Take care of yourself. Don't forget to rest!
Love you!
Yeah! Glad to hear it all went well! Thought of you lots today! Thanks again for your help with my banner! I like the green!
So happy your day went well! Love you my friend!
Linds,
Glad that your first day was a good one and really positive. I was thinking about you today and hoping that it was a good day and not to hard on you. Take care and enjoy the rest of your week.
hmmm....McDonald's milkshake, I think I need one too!
I actually thought about you quite often today, and I'm thankful God blessed you with a "refreshing" day. I think it's wonderful how your friends were all there for you with phone calls, emails, and even flowers! What good friends.
Love the new look on the blog. It feels like fall now in Bails and Tails land. SOOO glad your first day back was a good one. Thought of you often. Sounds like you had a great welcome team!
Gald your first day went well!
Welcome back!
So glad you survived. There was never a doubt in my mind!
Post a Comment