November 30, 2008

Song & Dance

There is something magical about family gatherings.

It's almost impossible to define what exactly it is that makes this time of year so special ... but it is.

It's uniquely and wonderfully made - just like you and I.

It's never been about rushing here or there.

It's never been about putting self first.

It's never been a season in which there isn't a reason to give thanks and appreciation for life.

The delicious food.

The laughter.

The prayers of thanksgiving.

The willingness to serve, give, and love.

The songs.

The celebration of family.

The time just to {be}.

It's all that and more.

The tradition of singing and making a joyful noise with my family continues ...


and no matter what generation you find yourself in ... there is reason to give thanks.

14 comments:

Anne said...

It looks like the Thanksgiving Blessings were bountiful. If singing was involved in any of my family outings...it wouldn't look so pleasant. I'm envy that in other families. I like picking my pew at church based on proximity to wonderful singers. If they sing strong and loud, I can't hear myself. I can almost believe their song is my own. :-)

Michelle said...

I think I was supposed to be in your family... I LOVE the pictures of everyone so engaged. :)

Anonymous said...

You captured the spirit of Thanksgiving so beautifully in these pictures ...... it's always great to spend time with family!!

Kristie said...

How AWESOME is that!! Love the expressions you captured!! I can *hear* the music!:)

Anonymous said...

Joyful song and Thankful hearts ~ it doesn't get much better than that!

Melissa said...

You are amazing Linds. I love this post. There is a reason to give thanks!! It was so great to see you yesterday even if was only a few minutes. You are a treasure!

ShelliGib said...

I'm jealous! What fun!

Anonymous said...

Looks like a wonderful time! What LOVE I see in those photographs. :)

Crystal said...

How cool is that! Your family gatherings should have ticket prices for the public!

Pendleton Pathways: International Travel said...

I can almost hear the singing. Everyone looks so happy. I love the picture of Mason. He looks so serene. Music is the best!!! What cherished memories.

Sweet Blessings said...

What Sweet blessings of family, memory-making fun captured in your heart and forever in the pictures snapped! Thanks for sharing your blessings and warming my heart! Sweet blessings!

Michelle said...

Wow, you take beautiful pictures!

Kirsten said...

Wish I could have been there to break bread with you all..not to mention the jam session! I can just hear the music and see the dancing! Too fun!

Katie said...

What precious pictures....I can almost feel the love from right here :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin