November 22, 2008

Dear Troop 352 - the Blind Mice Division:

I'm writing this letter to inform you that three of your soldiers have been killed in the line of duty. After two successful attempts of gathering cheese for your army, the cupboard they decided to invade this evening - on this 22nd day of November - was full of peanut butter traps. Their death was quick, but not painless. If you are planning to send in reserve troops, I would like to advise you to retreat and head west. {I hear there are some nice neighborhoods with friendly cats approximately 5-8 miles from this location.) In fact, I'd even give you a ride to town if you didn't think you could make it walking.
The cupboards you've invaded are now bare, and honestly, if you think you smell food, I'm giving you advance warning - your life will end shortly after your final sniff {or twitch of your nose}.

Sincerely -

the mouse hater of the house - Screamin' Mama

p.s. Don't worry - Neely took care of the funeral arangements. SDI will be performing the burial next Wednesday around 12:00 p.m.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

You caught another one!!! OMG!!!!!

Need me to come back to take care of it? Thanks for a great evening, mouse hunting and all...

Neely

Sweet Blessings said...

Some little guy told me last week that the mouse traps were working...that it squished it and it's beady little eyes were looking at him :D (with a shake & shrug of his body for emphasis :D) Until his Dad grabbed it and through it outside....Sounds like Mr. Mouse's little friends followed him to the cupboard! Can't wait to hear the next 3 year old version of the story! ha, ha....Have a wonderful Sunday..Praying it's a day filled with refeuling in the Lord! Sweet blessings!

Michelle said...

You have such a way with words- how funny!

I feel for you, that sounds disgusting, especially for an organized clean girl like you. :)

Blessings today!
M

Kristie said...

YUCK!!

I hope they have heard your words and HEAD ON OUT!!

Stacy B said...

Funny post, Linds. Glad you are getting them. Do you want to borrow a cat?

Kirsten said...

Thanks for the good laugh this morning Linds! I do not envy the mouse hunting though....I would be a screamin' mama too!

Anne said...

I have two cats...Mickey Mouser and Minnie Mouser. I told them I would stop feeding them if even ONE mouse ever steps foot into my kitchen.

Mrs.Naz@BecomingMe said...

Very funny post. I love your writing style

Stacey said...

Wow!! I hate mice too! I believe I've heard one in my Christmas closet and am afraid to open it! UGH!!!

Anonymous said...

histerical!

Melissa said...

Oh this is hilarious! You truely have a knack for writing. Thank you for the giggles!

Anonymous said...

You are hilarious. Sounds like we're in the same boat! Hating mice so much right now. :)

Kailin said...

Hilarious!

Deb said...

Hasn't Mason suggested bringing Sniffles into the house yet? He and I had a long discussion the other day about how Fred likes to catch mice and birds.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin