January 31, 2012

Dear Mackinley Tellier,



Dear Mack,

Your middle name is Tellier.  It's hard to say, but carries so much meaning for our family.  It was the last name of your great-grandma's {Bama} mother and it is your dad's middle name too.  Wear it with pride, even if people do look at you a little funny when you try to say it for them.

You are a Murdock through and through.  You have the broad forehead, the small upper lip, and the dimple in your chin.  You will most likely get your dad's "height" too.  Again, definitely traits to be proud of.

You're 4 right now.  Actually, 4 1/2, but I'm going to keep you "little" for as long as I can.  You don't like wearing coats, you really don't like gloves, and you are just starting to agree with wearing a hat.  You are so different than your brother ... I don't know why I ever thought you'd be the same.  In any case, I'm finding that different is really a good thing.  It makes me appreciate the things that make you - YOU!

You weren't too sure what to think about this ice storm we had recently, and most of the time you just slid around the driveway with your hands in your pockets.  During our days at home, you wanted to feed the cows, you wanted to be with your dad, and you didn't want much to do with me.  You also avoided the camera as he often does, but I did manage to capture you both in the same photo more than once.  You stood the same way, walked the same way, and even followed the same path too.

Please know that your dad's footsteps are always worth following and his hand is one to hold on to for life.  You're going to be a wonderful man like him someday, so watch carefully, follow closely, and remember to smile for the camera once in a while - your wife will thank you!

I love you sweet boy - stay young for as long as you can!!

Your mom,

Me




5 comments:

Tanya Moore said...

What a sweet post. I love that he doesn't love the camera. Reminds me of someone I know. Someday he will love his momma. I know I do. :) I love that he walks around with his hands in his pockets and his sweet little look. You write such beautiful things all the time. Your family, husband, and boys as well as others are going to have great things to come back and look at. Enjoy the rest of your week.

Kerry said...

Tanya's right ..... "you write such beautiful things all the time" ...... and Mack really does have the Murdock physical traits .... but he has your sweet spirit .... and tender heart!

Mrs. G said...

I loved this one Lindsay! And I love his future reading (and rereading)of it too!

Anonymous said...

Mack - we love your full name, as well as your love for avoiding the camera. Your mom sure knows how to capture that personality of yours!

Sweet Blessings said...

Awwww...what a sweet gift this post is going to be to your little Mack one day...and His Dad!!! I can't believe how big he is looking...and how he is turning into a mini-Ian too :) Wishing you lots of moments of just "watching" and smiling !!! Sweet blessings!

P.S. I so would of Loved him in preschool too :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin