January 31, 2012

Dear Yellow Raincoat,



"I know there is a hood on this thing."

"Do you see a hood Mack?"

"By the way, where is your coat Mack?"

"Please tell me if you see my hood."

"Well, I don't believe you because I think I can feel it."
"Yep, it was there all along. Good thing I had my hat on."
Dear Yellow Raincoat,

I bought you at the GAP five years ago when Mason turned two ... and look at you now! You were $7 on the clearance rack and I knew someday you would "fit." Although we don't live in area that has a great need for raincoats, I just couldn't pass you up. Who would have guessed that 5 years later you'd be so much more than a $7 raincoat?!

Thank you for being bright, light, and just the right size at just the right time. You added the {sunshine} to our days when the sun was hard to find, and nothing seemed bright at all. I've always been a big fan of yellow, and I think I like it even more after seeing these pictures.

May your color never fade, may you know how important you are, and may you continue to shine in the dark days we sometimes face - especially when undesirable weather hits hardest.

Your clearance rack friend,

Lindsay (and her boys too)

P.S. in a few years, you'll be just the right size again!

2 comments:

Darcy said...

Your captions are PRICELESS! :) I can totally see Mason saying just that....and Mack thinking he didn't need to be wearing a coat anyways!

Here's to more things that brighten our days and our loads. Know you brighten our lives friend!

Kerry said...

You put it all in writing so beautifully ..... and I agree with Darcy .... the captions are priceless!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin