And the funny thing is – as much as I wish I was seeing the
sky turn from dark to light in various shades and colors right in front of me,
I’m comforted by the fact it’s pushing me forward from behind.
…………………..
On most days {September – June} I drive home headed east as
the sky begins to turn from light to dark -watching the day end in my rear-view
mirror.
And the funny thing is – as much as I wish I was seeing the
brilliant hues and shades leave the sky right in front of me, I’m comforted by
the fact they’re behind me – cheering my efforts during the past 10 hours.
…………………….
God’s funny like that.
He {hems} me in – behind and before.Behind and before.
Did you catch it?
Behind came first.
I think I’m guilty of thinking about Him most when His
goodness is unfolding right in front of me – before me – not necessarily from
behind.
And then I read it again and again.
And I memorize – keeping it at the front of my brain &
on the edge of my tongue.
He {hems} me in – behind and before.
He is at the edge of every part of my day.
He’s the on the border of my every move.
He is around all that I say and do.
He hems me in – from behind and before.
………………
I’m working on memorizing Psalm 139 … again. My mom and grandma have joined me & I
know this time I’ll get it done.
I will.
Because He has hemmed me in – behind and before.
And even when I don’t get to witness the amazing sunrise or
breathtaking sunset right in front of me … it’s there – right where it needs to
be.
Behind me.
4 comments:
You are a very talented writer.
Always there...just have find the correct perspective to see Him...the Alpha and Omega...first and last...
Thankful for the glimpses of His goodness that are in front of us and behind us if we take the time to reflect and seek them out.
I Love Psalm 139..and I so know this WILL be the time it becomes totally etched on your heart! Wishing you a GREAT Tuesday and cheering you ON! Sweet blessings!
Cheering you on friend! God is good to all of us, and he's blessed you with such an amazing gifts of words. Thanks for this post, and thanks for being you!
Post a Comment