Dear White Scottsdale,
I've been your friend for about 10 years now. It seems like 7 minutes underwater. Either way - it's close to {forever}.
You've been dented and nearly rolled on numerous occasions - but just like {Mater}, you are a true and loyal friend.
You've held precious cargo - baby calves, infant carriers, puppies, and even our old cat Sniffles. If you could talk - oh the stories you would tell.
Your driver-side door doesn't close so well, and I'm sorry for slamming it over an over again this weekend. Someday you'll probably show me who's boss and have the door fall completely off.
I've learned to put it in low and go like the best of them. Even Mason knows what he's doing behind your wheel.
Your horn doesn't work - and oh how I wish it did! Especially when some tired, hungry mama just won't get out of the way.
You're a piece of our life that has been with me since the day I found myself on this journey called {cattle} and I can't imagine life without you.
As another winter of feeding, driving, waiting, napping and carrying precious cargo continues - know that you've made life better. As silly as it sounds - there isn't any other newer, fancier, luxurious pickup I'd rather feed with than you.
Who needs heated seats and electric windows anyway?
Fondly yours,
Lindsay








5 comments:
Every farm and ranch has old friends like that! Ours is a 1992 grey and black Dodge with a Cummins engine (DH points out the last part most often - very important, apparently!). It is a workhorse, go anywhere, start everytime, never needs much TLC kind of truck. You've given me an idea for a photo shoot and blog post - thanks!
Hope it's warmer where you are than here (-30 degrees C - that's -22 F - and no busses running tomorrow)!
Now, that is what you call a trusty old friend!!
Well written, Linds :-)
Ha, ha....this post just makes me laugh out loud...and I'm betting your trusty friend loves you right back!!! Sweet blessings!
I LOVE the picture of Mason with his hand on his forehead...priceless! About as priceless as a good feed truck. :) Hope it sees you through the snow tomorrow.
LOVE THIS.
Post a Comment