January 11, 2012

the other side of the tracks.

If you're standing on our deck or in our yard, or you've found yourself down by the feeders, and you look down the canyon to the very bottom you may catch just a glimpse of a train passing by.

It's not very often that I'm standing close to the tracks, but this winter, the tracks split a piece of the land we're leasing, so on Sunday I was just close enough - but far enough away at the same time.

There are no flashing lights or crossing gates that warn you a train is just around the bend.

You just have to listen for the sound.

The sound that warns you to get off the tracks quick.
............................



Thank goodness there was no sound to hear on Sunday afternoon during the 25 minutes we spent near the tracks.





All calves {and a couple of older cows} made it across safely ...



as well as Karl & Ian,



and the world's greatest dog duo ... Jack & Jill.



Not a train in sight ... just happy and content cattle, two good friends, and two {wanna-be} cow dogs.


I'd say it was a great way to enjoy the sunshine & a good friend - wouldn't you?

4 comments:

Jenny Estes said...

Nice saddle that Ian is riding!

Darcy said...

I agree! And ditto to Jenny's comment. :)

PS - You're a good wife for helping them too that day, and should give yourself some credit too.

joycelynn51 said...

and a nice looking horse that saddle is on.

Sweet Blessings said...

Yay for God's perfect timing!!! Hey, and how does Jack get along now..??? I hope that break doesn't give him any pain or trouble at all! Wishing you a GREAT Thursday sweet friend! Sweet blessings!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin