January 31, 2012

Dear little red sled,






Dear little red sled,

You are the toughest sled I know - and I'm not exaggerating at all.  Well, maybe a bit, but you're definitely on my{top 10 list} of the sleds in my life.  I think you're on Mason's {top 3 list} as he's had only three sleds.  I'm still working on Mack, but I think the fact you steered him straight of the fence and right under the barbed wire the other day gives you quite a few points.  The true test will be during the next snow or freezing rain/ice that comes our way.

Thank you for being sturdy, resilient, and trustworthy.  Without even trying,  you have reminded me to live by faith and not by sight.  God promises to equip us with just the right tools as we journey through life & you're proof.  We never know when our path may take an abrupt turn or twist, and just like you {little red sled}, we need to trust that the chances we take each and every day are going to lead us to just the right destination.

I promise that the next time you make your way into our world, I will join my boys and embrace the joy you have to offer.  I will jump on - without hesitation - and keep my mind on the present {adventure} that God has placed me on.  A journey filled with twists, tumbles, sharp turns, spills and climbs ... but most importantly - a whole lot of JOY.

With appreciation for your boldness in my world,

Lindsay


 




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh goodness, it was icy! Hope the boys had a great time making memories on their little red sled.

Sweet Blessings said...

:) I Love the pictures..and wow...that ice..it looked just like glass !!! So happy your boys have a red sled that will bring warm memories to their hearts for many, many years! Sweet blessings!

Kerry said...

Yikes ..... the places the red sled goes with those boys in tow .... (is that a tear on Mack's cheek?!?).
The ice was sooooo thick it's hard to picture how you were able to stand at all!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin