Max Lucado is one of my favorite authors.
His writing makes me stop & think...
His ideas show me how to examine my heart...
His ability to "know" what I need to hear is amazing...
He is used by God to touch the lives of many...
His books have changed me.
They've changed how I think, how I respond to others, how I live.
They've changed me for the better.
Max is one of the many people in my life who deserve thanks...
This month is pastor appreciation.
Appreciation for dedication, prayer, support, insight, love, understanding, grace, friendship, advice, wisdom, selfless giving, passion... the list goes on and on.
Thank you Dad.
Thank you Dave, Chris, & Jason.
Thank you Dorothy.
Thank you Uncle Terry.
Thank you Corey & Stacy.
Thank you Bob & Cheryl.
Thank you Ted.
Thank you Jeff.
Thank you Rod.
Thank you Sid.
Thank you James.
Thank you Max.
This says it best:
Anointing and Talent
Now He who establishes us with you in Christ and has anointed us is God.2 Corinthians 1:21 (NKJV)
When someone sings and you are caught up with the beauty of the singer’s voice, that is talent; when someone sings and you are caught up with the beauty of the Lord, that is anointing.
When someone teaches and challenges your mind, that is talent; when someone teaches and challenges your spirit, that is anointing.
When someone writes and stirs your imagination, that is talent; when someone writes and stirs your heart, that is anointing.
When someone speaks and gets you to follow him, that is talent; when someone speaks and gets you to follow Jesus, that is anointing.
When someone counsels you and builds your confidence, that is talent; when someone counsels you and builds your faith, that is anointing.
When someone motivates you to take up a noble cause, that is talent; when someone motivates you to take up your cross, that is anointing.
When you are filled with self-confidence and achieve your goals, that is talent; when you are filled with the Holy Spirit and do the will of God, that is anointing.
When you work hard and receive the applause of men, that is talent; when you remain faithful and receive the approval of God, that is anointing.
© Roy Lessin
got this CD... love this song: Sweetly Broken
6 comments:
Well said! So very very glad to know you. You have a lovely heart! Thank you for sharing it with those of us that are lucky enough to call you friend!
What a gift and annointing pastors have to be a shepherd to His sheep. What a challenge for them, but oh what a blessing they are in our lives. I love that song too. We sing it a church...all 30 of us...and it always stirs my spirit. I love you Linds...Thanks for your spirit and love for Jesus.
Linds it is fun for me to see your list of "pastors" and see my life bumping into yours! :-) I, too, LOVE that CD and song!
Love your Blog Lindsey! I need to put your link on mine. Still trying to figure it out. I just got Todd Agnew's CD I love MY JESUS! Love the words you typed. Love Melissa
I LOVE THAT SONG TOO!!!
Love your words as always.
So cool. I too have a list like yours. Thank you for sharing ... I didn't know if having a list of such people to be thankful for was normal or not!
Post a Comment