October 23, 2006

Friends

I truly enjoy meeting new people.
Always have...always will.
I love that feeling of "connecting" with someone in a GREAT way.
It makes life interesting.
It makes life an adventure.
It makes me appreciate the value of relationships.

I am amazed at what I learn about myself when I invest my time in others.

I'm learning that it's not about what you have or don't have that makes you a good friend.
I'm learning that taking just a minute or two to respond to someone in a sincere way can make their day amazing.
I'm learning that my problems with other people are really, most likely problems with myself.
I'm learning that relationships are all you really have in life... they're only as good as you want to make them.
I'm learning that my time with my family is precious.
I'm learning that saying "no" to good things isn't a bad thing.
I'm learning that you can never smile too much.
I'm learning that life is what you make it.

This fall has been challenging for me. I'm working full time, I'm still on way too many committees, I've said no to some things that I've been passionate about for the last several years, and yet, through all of this, I've been blessed with a lot of new friends. It's not that my "circle" has changed really - or maybe it has... anyway, it just seems that I've been able to connect with different people in awesome ways.

I've known Joe & Stacy for about 3 years. We see each other every so often, we visit, we have a good laugh, but we've never really been given the opportunity to "connect." Through Ronda - wonderful, giving, amazing, talented Ronda, we connected. They invited our family to a soup/bread/pumpkin picking party yesterday, and we spent several hours at their home, picking pumpkins, carving/painting, relaxing, visiting, smiling, laughing, eating... it was amazing!
Their home is welcoming.
Their hearts are giving.
They are sincere, real, honest people.

I'm blessed to know them.

I appreciate their spirit.
I love that we connected!
















6 comments:

Brenna said...

Perfect. I can hear you hitting the nail on the head,pounding, pounding it in! You are one perceptive woman- thank you for your insight and wisdom you know more than you even know you know! :)

Anonymous said...

You are so right Linds! Attitude is everything! I love when the acquaintance bond turns to friendship!

Anonymous said...

To have friends, you must be a friend.....that YOU are!!
We so enjoyed being a part of the Pumpkin Picking Party....thank you Joe, Stacy and Ronda for allowing us to share the fun, food, and fellowship with you.
Great pictures of the festivities, Linds...a great shot of Mason thinking it was a Pumpkin EATING party. :-)

Anonymous said...

I'm not the quickest cat in the race but after reading the blog twice, I began to suspect that I know all three of your friends--Joe, Stacy, and Ronda. The last photo in the group looked quite a bit like Landon. I had already recognized Mason.

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOSH!!!! Landon is soooo big. I can't believe it!!! Looks like you guys had a blast!

Stacy B said...

I just got the link to your blog today from Ronda and all I can say is "no fair." I wasn't expecting to cry this early in the morning. It filled my heart that you felt comfortable bringing your family and friends to our home for the evening. What a great time. I sincerely hope we can do it again. Stacy

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin