October 26, 2006

Captivating

I just finished Captivating.
I’m smiling.
I’m vulnerable.
I’m alive inside.

It challenged me.
It humbled me.
It made me look at who I really am – or should I say – who I am becoming.
It provoked questions like:
What is my life motto?
What do others see in me?
Captivating… what does it really mean?

I’m processing this book in my mind and “seeing” so much.

I’m seeing that as a woman, I’m called to step out, to offer, to speak up…
to follow my God-given dreams.
It’s not easy – if it was, you’d see lots of women living without fear, without worry, without hiding inside themselves.

I’m seeing that I can’t just play it safe.
I can’t worry about how others may or may not react to me.
“Jesus lived a life of love and he invites us to do the same. Regardless of the response.”

I’m seeing that I can’t wait for tomorrow.
I can’t wait for a better opportunity to present itself.
I have to trust and follow His lead.
I have to BE HERE NOW!

I’m seeing that I need to be real. I need to be present.
“You have only one life to live. It would be best to live your own.”

There are times where I wish for things I don’t have.

There are times when I want my life to be a certain way and it’s not – far from it.
There are times when I just go through the day without really living… living with trust & without worry… living with compassion instead of judgment… living with a understanding that I’m where I need to be – in the present – where God has put me.
Why is it so hard to “live” some days?

I know I’m rambling. I know that this makes sense to me, but maybe not to you.
I was challenged by this book to really look at myself as Captivating
to look at myself the way God does…
to want to live in such a way that no matter who I’m with or what I say… God is evident.
to be a wife, mother, friend, daughter… a woman who pays attention to the little things, a woman who is honest, a woman who listens, a woman who offers her heart – not caring about what I get in return…
to be a woman that learns from her mistakes…
to be a woman who is seeking God in everything.

I know that I was made for “relationships.”
I know that I was supposed to read this book.
(thanks Becky)
I know that I was supposed to share my thoughts with whoever reads this.

I know I have a choice to make every day…

a choice to be Captivating!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Truly moving Linds! To hold your head up and be able to "look God in the face" as Beth Moore would say at the end of each day! I'm going through her "Patriarchs" study right now. I will be honest I'm not the best at getting all the homework done but regardless God is still able to teach me so much through her video presentations. She talked about living an honest life, to fight "the good fight", to truly be the person that you appear to be. To know that you have put yourself out there and even if you didn't get the response you were hoping for...its okay! God is enough to get through to the next day! To live so that when you look in the mirror at night you have no regret, no shame! Not to live the perfect life or the best life, but just your life as honestly as you can with God at the center of it all! So thankful that He has never given up on me, no matter how many chances I gave Him to! So very very glad that His Grace is sufficient!

Its so interesting to me the way God works in our lives. He has brought the same points home through two completely different avenues...me through the study and you through this book! God is so AWESOME!

Blessed to be walking on this road we call life with a friend like you!

Anonymous said...

You did it again, Lindsay :-).....your writing from your heart says, so well, what I have difficulty articulating.... so I, too, want to be available to God, to be used by Him to make a difference in lives my life intersects with. How about passing the book along to me!
Love you and am proud of you.

Melissa said...

Sounds like a fantastic book. I am so grateful to know you. Again thanks for icecream the other night!! God is Good. :) God Bless ~Melissa

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Linds! I was just thinking that I needed to start that book.
Love the banner!

Brenna said...

Nice banner! there is nothing left to say... you said it all so wonderfully!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin