November 18, 2008

Life Changing.

I'm really not sure what they're going to remember about this experience - and those to come in the near future.

I hope it's the joy they brought.

I hope it's the smiles they arroused.

I hope it's the difference they made in just a short 25 minutes.

Actually, no matter what it is they choose to remember about the fall of their 2nd grade year ... I hope they know how proud I was of their compassion, their understanding, their attitudes, and their hearts.






















10 comments:

Sweet Blessings said...

Happy Tuesday...my eyes are misting as I look at the pictures in this post...and they WILL remember...and YOU did an amazing thing by letting them reach out to those who were once 2nd graders themselves :D The blessings on this one truly were paid forward! You truly are giving your class a year of growing in soooooo many ways! Thank YOU! Sweet blessings!

Shannon said...

Wow...how very sweet of you to do this. I am sure those people felt so blessed!
And I see you have sweet little Heaven in your class. She was in Emery's K class. I hadnt realized she switched schools.

Anonymous said...

How wonderful that you gave your kids the opportunity to experience being a blessing to souls that are forever young ..... Bless you, Lindsay, as you teach what it is to have the spirit of GIVING!!
AWESOME!

Anonymous said...

yes! yes! Yes!!
They WILL remember - I always have.
The impact ~for both sides~ is HUGE!

I loved shareing an experiance like this with Leslie and Morgan this summer - It was all they talked about for the rest of the day...

What a way to show your kids how to give back to their community :)

THAT IS AWESOME.

Katarina said...

What a wonderful day for the kids and the adults. Such a good way to teach them that age does not matter, that what is important is the way we treat people. I am sure the kids will remember this trip, if not in detail, then at least the lesson they were learning.

Melissa said...

That is awesome! What a blessing for the elderly and a lesson for the children. God Bless you Linds!

Anonymous said...

Loved the stories! ;)

Kristie said...

:) glad to see that memories were made!!

Katie said...

Loved this! You are the best teacher...I can just tell ;)

Anonymous said...

aaaaaaahhhhh!!!!

AMAZING!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin