March 22, 2008

All For the Love of This:



After a quick shower & a 10 minute drive to town, I pulled into the Wal-Mart parking lot.
There were quite a number of available spots right in front due to the fact it was 8:30 a.m.
I got Mack situated in the cart, grabbed his favorite little toy/teether thing & made my way into the store.
The cart was almost full & I suddenly realized that the toy was missing.
UGH.
I back-tracked and made my way down all the aisles we had cruised through.
No toy.
I went to the customer service counter and asked if any toys have been turned in.
No toy.

My heart was heavy.
I know for a fact that I have more attachment to the toy then Mack does.
I'm not really sure why, but I've always loved this litte colorful ball shaped thing... and can't imagine not having it.

Maybe I had dreamed putting it in the cart.
Maybe it was still out in the car.
I continued to shop, but couldn't stop "searching" for the toy.
I payed for my groceries.
I opened the car door.
No toy.

Again, I felt sick to my stomach, but what could I do??... reminder to self... it's just a toy.
I put Mack in his car seat.
I put the groceries in the back.
I left.
Approximately 1.5 miles, I realized that I forgot the pull-ups.
Ugh.
They were the real reason I had gone in the first place. (figures doesn't it?!)

Do I go back or do I send Ian to the store later? (um... seriously?!)

I quickly turned around.
The parking lot was not near as empty as I had found it earlier.
I was dreading the crowd & the lines.

I found another close parking spot. (Thank you Lord)

A man parked next to me gave me his cart. (Thank you Lord)

I made my way to the back of the store & suddenly remembered that I had forgotten the paper towels on my list as well.
I made a sharp right, and headed down the aisle.

Something caught my eye.

The toy.
The colorful ball that I've grown to love, was just barely sticking out from under a shelf.

My heart sang with joy. (Thank you Lord!)

That toy, that little thing, that object that God used to speak to me, was found.

No longer lost.
Found.

**Thank you Lord for sending me back into that store at just the right time & to just the right place. I continue to be amazed by your timing and grace.

13 comments:

Becky said...

yeah for small blessings!! Glad your morning turned ok after all. =)

Michelle said...

And a super cute toy it is! Enjoy your week!!!

Ronda said...

It's the little things in life that make it worth living! Enjoy the toy and your boys today!

Beth@playinwiththepaulsens! said...

Oh, I understand! I just love love love those brightly colored baby toys!!! I totally had a fav from when the boys were little, and it wasn't their fav it was MY fav!

Beth@playinwiththepaulsens! said...

That header is just a breath of fresh spring air for me!!! It is snowing here!!!!! THanks for sharing your spring!!! I love it!!!!

Anonymous said...

So glad you found it!

Anne said...

Simple blessings of color on this joyous Easter weekend. Happy Spring break too!

Katie said...

Some may think that was a coincidence, but there's no such thing! Nope, God just wanted to bless you this morning. So glad you saw that! Have a great Easter!

The Lord is Risen!
The Lord is Risen, Indeed!

ShalomSeeker said...

Who can imagine a God as vast as ours who cares so much for the tiny things in our lives? Truly He is greater than we can know. I look forward to learning more in eternity, though! :-)
-J

Anonymous said...

I love this toy Linds. I love the colors. Glad that you found it. I was in Wal-Mart this morning at about the same time you were shopping with Lori, to bad it wasn't the same one you were in. :-) Glad God sent you back to the store at just the right time. Happy weekend friend.

Anonymous said...

Favorite toys are such a comfort to Mom & Baby at stressful moments.....and losing that toy is a sad, sad thing....I'm sooooo glad that the toy was found!! Mack will love to hear you tell about how God cared for him to the "enth degree"!!
Happy Easter sweetie!

Angie said...

So glad God lead you back to Mack's toy! It's times like that when God reveals himself to you and your heart is filled with so much joy! Happy Easter to you and your family!

Stacy B said...

Yeah! So glad you found it. I can so relate to this story, Lindsay! We lost Kyndra's special blanket once, THE special blanket, while on a walk. I was bidding at bunco on the only one I could find anywhere that was the same. The very next day I found it hanging on a mailbox!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin