Linday, Thanks for stopping by! Love how we can all connect in this blog-world! BTW, did you take these pics? They are great!
I lurked briefly on your site the other day. I saw the bit about your husband naming a cow after you...and that it was good sign since you were still together. Made me laugh out loud! :-) Thanks for sharing. I look forward to peeking into your life in the future. -J aka, ShalomSeeker
I was just thinking yesterday that it should be time for branding. Hopefully the weather will stay decent so the cows aren't to miserable....OH and the humans too. =)
As a cattle rancher's daughter, I did my best to avoid any of the outside work on branding day. I knew it was important - the way one cattleman could tell his cattle apart from his neighbors. I didn't worry that it was hurting the calves...dad told me it did. The part I couldn't handle was the smell. -Now, manure I can handle...but burning hair & hide was just nasty. I stayed inside and therefore was responsible for feeding all the cowboys and cowgirls. Usually there were sandwiches, chips, salads and it was always followed by oatmeal cake. I have made that cake in years. I may have to do that sometime soon.
It really is great watching all the "Pros" at work.....if Kirsten weren't having her baby any day, we'd be there to help out! We'll be praying for safety for all! Can't wait for the "photo journal" of all the activity!
It's a good thing I married an accountant ;) I always feel so bad for those little baby calves. Hope it all goes well and hoping you also get Anne's recipe for oatmeal cake...mmmm :)
14 comments:
Poor little calfies.
Linday,
Thanks for stopping by! Love how we can all connect in this blog-world!
BTW, did you take these pics? They are great!
I lurked briefly on your site the other day. I saw the bit about your husband naming a cow after you...and that it was good sign since you were still together. Made me laugh out loud! :-) Thanks for sharing. I look forward to peeking into your life in the future.
-J
aka, ShalomSeeker
Yep... I took the pictures... thanks for the compliment!! Hoping to get some more great ones this year! :)
Hope everything goes smoothly for everyone! Praying for safety for everyone involved!
I'm starting to wonder how the girls will react to this. Avery didn't like the calf roping at the Rodeo...humm. Well, we'll just have to find out.
I was just thinking yesterday that it should be time for branding.
Hopefully the weather will stay decent so the cows aren't to miserable....OH and the humans too. =)
Do you have a pic of the brand yall use? is it cool enough for a pic?
is it also tattooed on your rear?
Great Pics! I am glad I am not you this weekend :) I would not be good at branding. Good luck!!
As a cattle rancher's daughter, I did my best to avoid any of the outside work on branding day. I knew it was important - the way one cattleman could tell his cattle apart from his neighbors. I didn't worry that it was hurting the calves...dad told me it did. The part I couldn't handle was the smell. -Now, manure I can handle...but burning hair & hide was just nasty. I stayed inside and therefore was responsible for feeding all the cowboys and cowgirls. Usually there were sandwiches, chips, salads and it was always followed by oatmeal cake. I have made that cake in years. I may have to do that sometime soon.
Anne-
How about Sunday?! You want to make it then :)
Just kidding!
Let me know if you want to come out though... I bet you're just chomping at the bit!
It really is great watching all the "Pros" at work.....if Kirsten weren't having her baby any day, we'd be there to help out!
We'll be praying for safety for all!
Can't wait for the "photo journal" of all the activity!
you guys brand so early!!! I love that time of year! So much fun.
=)
It's a good thing I married an accountant ;) I always feel so bad for those little baby calves. Hope it all goes well and hoping you also get Anne's recipe for oatmeal cake...mmmm :)
Happy weekend to you too!
Post a Comment