March 2, 2009

Firewood.

No cutting or chopping.

No splitting. {not yet anyway}

No loading piece after piece.

This is definitely the way to get firewood.

{and thanks to Karl ... we now have a head start on our supply for next year}















And just in case you were wondering where Mack may have been this whole time ...

He was busy figuring out how many licks it takes to get to the middle of a Tootsie Pop ...

and trying his best to turn on every signal, reset the programed radio stations, lock and unlock the doors at least 100 times, set the emergency brake and shout orders in his own little language from the cracked window.



Firewood.

Log trucks.

Tootsie Pops.

Smiles.

Can you think of a better way to spend a Sunday afternoon?

..............................................................................................................

I can't.

16 comments:

Katarina said...

So much fun! That loooks like awhole lot of wood...although I'm sure it isn't really.

Sweet Blessings said...

Smiling that you found a perfect way to spend your Sunday afternooon! That is the best way I've ever seen to get wood!!! I love that you found AMAZING ways to capture Mack's name...and the way you make everyday life come ALIVE! I am blessed to know you...Hope your Tuesday is Amazing...at least it will be warm with that new load of fire wood! Sweet blessings!

Becky said...

Love it! And that deck of wood will last a LONG time! =) what a fun day. love you-

Kerry said...

Amazing pictures of an amazingly easy way to get firewood. Way to go Karl!
Becky's comment makes me think of the jingle ..... "long time, long time, chewy, chewy tootsie pops last a long time!"
(I would sing it for you if you were here!)

KayDee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
KayDee said...

Thanks for sharing your Sunday activities. Sounds like it was wonderfu and you'll definately be set for next winter -- that's for sure.

KayDee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

As a fellow wood gatherer I have quite an appreciation for what those pictures represent. :) All of our heat, including hot water heat is provided through burning wood. We love it!! It is alot of work for Dave though. He would drool all over those pictrues. :)

KayDee said...

Sorry -- the two deleted are the same posting from me above -- was just impatient in waiting for it to post so got mutliple postings of the same comment.

Didn't want you to wonder what you were missing in the deleted comments ;)

Lisa said...

Oh my goodness- this is the cutest post EVER. I love the photos- and the story the tell of a great Sunday afternoon.

Thanks for the smile!

Shannon said...

So cute. I love those Mack picks!

Kirsten said...

Should keep you all warm and toasty! What a great afternoon. Remembering the firewood getting trips we took as kids...wasn't quite the same.

Michelle said...

I adore this post... !!!!

Anonymous said...

Very cute post Linds!
Love the banner pic of Mack too!

Stacey said...

Wow life is different for you guys out there! Thanks for showing the pics and letting us share in it with your beautiful family! I want to capture moments like you do!

Stacy B said...

Amazing! Just amazing. I remember going wood cutting as a kid and it was nothing like this.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin