1. How do you encourage others?
~ call them
~ email them
~ send them a note via the post office
~ go see them / plan a date to meet
~ think of them
~ pray for them
~ make/bake/buy them something
2. How do you show them that you care?
~ call them
~ email them
~ send them a note via the post office
~ go see them / plan a date to meet
~ think of how much you care for them
~ pray for them
~ make/bake/buy them something
3. How do you thank someone?
~ call them
~ email them
~ send them a note via the post office
~ go see them / plan a date to meet
~ think of how thankful you are for them
~ make/bake/buy them something
4. How do you maintain friendships with those you can't see regularly {or at all}?
~ call them
~ email them
~ send them a note via the post office
~ go see them / plan a date to meet
~ think of how much you value them
~ pray for them
~ make/bake/buy them something
.....................................................................................
We all have our own unique ways that we {connect} with those around us.
Some are really good about keeping in contact via the Internet/email. Others have the reputation for sending a hand-written note or card. Many try to find ways to {hook up} for coffee or dinner.
Some pray - diligently & continually. Others leave comments on posts of blogs that they read. Some check in on facebook. Some make a phone call.
The key is making contact. Real. Live. Contact.
There are two blog posts I read yesterday that reminded me how valuable it is to make contact ... especially in this world where {time} seems to be non-existent.
Thank you Sarah & Lisa for reminding me of the word {ENCOURAGEMENT}!
Go read their posts ... and then think about the questions I wrote above.
What do you do to fuel/feed the relationships in your world?
We all have different {comfort zones} ... but we also need support, encouragement, and prayer. Miz Booshay always ends her posts with {Encourage One Another}.
....................................................................................
My thoughts ... and they aren't always {right} ... are these:
As you encourage those in your world ... they will encourage you!
If you are just {thinking} of those around you ... start letting them know. They need to hear it and read it.
Don't be afraid to tell them, or write to them, or email them, or leave a comment for them to let them know that you are thrilled for them, sad with them, praying for them, growing with them.
If you don't ... they'll never know.
And as you connect with those around you ... I believe that everything in the world will start feeling right {despite any circumstance you might be faced with}.
Go. Encourage. And if it means stepping out of your comfort zone ... do it.
11 comments:
this is so inspiring! TODAY I am going to do some encouraging!!!
starting with you!!! you rock!!!! I still get excited everytime I see a new post of yours read to read in my google reader list!!!
I like to use all the methods above to reach out...but, I really needed to be reminded that we HAVE to go outside of our "groups", "boundaries", and "comfort zones" to build, create, & grow new friendships...that the cirlce needs to encompass the ENTIRE universe...and then, God will be Smiling greatly!!! (and, the blessings in our lives will be greater than we could ever imagine!!!) Sweet blessings to one of my favorite encouragers!!!
P.S. I so think this post is worthy of being in the newspaper!!! :D Hope it makes it there...because our world right now needs just that...ENCOURAGEMENT! Sweet blessings!
Love your thoughts on this, just SO true.
you've desplayed yet another fine example of why you have so many people who look to you for inspiration...and yes, encouragement. Love you!
so very true...thank you for the reminder. the time is NOW.
What a great post! I do try to do this when I read blog posts! If I am in a hurry or just don't feel like it, I still try to comment because I did enjoy it and it's good to let people know you are thinking of them and they are great! I always enjoy your posts, they get me thinking...I've enjoyed becoming a friend to you through blogging, too!!
Thanks Lindsay! Have a great day!
We all need the reminder that we can make a difference in the lives of those that God brings along our path ..... and it will give us a chance to "pay it forward" when we receive encouragement from them, too!
I agree with Sweet Blessings ...... this would be a good article for your newspaper column. :-)
What a great post-thanks for posting it and for being an encourager. I'm so glad I found you!
Be blessed!
Lorie
great point! Thanks for the encouragement that you seem to just exube (s?)even when its not so easy. It shows in all of this blog! :)
How I encourage and thank others really depends on the circumstance. I do like variety though, I wouldn't do the same thing repeatedly.
Post a Comment