Max Lucado ~ He Still Moves Stones
... as long as Jesus is one of many options - he is no option. As long as you can carry your burdens alone, you don't need a burden carrier. As long as your situation brings you no grief, you will receive no comfort. As long as you can take Him or leave Him, you might as well leave Him because He won't be taken half-heartedly.
Max Lucado ~ Applause of Heaven
Our prayers may be awkward. Or attempts may be feeble. But since the power of prayer is in the one who hears it and not the one who says it, our prayers do make a difference.
Max Lucado ~ He Still Moves Stones
.................................................................
I'm still praying for Stellan. and his mama. and the rest of his family.
.................................................................
My journals from 2000-2001 re-surfaced again today. I wasn't suffering any major tragedies back then, but I was struggling to figure out who I was and where I was headed. I had my nose in my Bible daily ... and in book after book after book.
I was documenting everything that meant anything. Funny how almost 10 years later, those words that spoke to my heart still mean everything.
God's like that you know. Everything & anything & so much more.
..................................................................
Mack ... well, he's got another scrape and a new bump ... and is becoming more and more serious about everything. And even though he's not hooked up to a monitor in a hospital across the country, you know what ... I'm still praying for him too.
Yes -- he's healthy and happy and {normal}, but that doesn't mean he doesn't need prayer. We all do. Young and old. Can you disagree?
I'm his mama & I love him so very, very much, but I have no say in what his future holds. I don't know if he'll live to be 4 or 93. I don't know if he'll enlist in the Navy. I don't know who he's going to marry. I don't where he'll live. I don't know much at all about the life he'll have.
But right now ... today ... tomorrow ... and the days to come, I can do my best to care for him and protect him and love him ... and believe me - I will ... but when it comes down to what circumstances may come his way or what path he may choose to follow, I have to trust that the God who created each and every one of us is going to continue to shape and mold Mack into the miracle he was made to be. That's what faith is all about.
Trusting in the unknown.
Believing in the unseen.
travel, walk, ride, live, and play safely little buddy.
enjoy this life you've been given.
you're blessed. you truly are.
and you know what, even at 21 months, I think you know it.





5 comments:
He IS blessed, and we are, too!!!!
God has wonderful plans for our sweet little Mack!!
Can't wait to see what God has in store for you!
What a sweet post...I LOVE that Mack got to ride the Gator all by himself :D Smiling for you....and your little guy! Sweet blessings!
This is a sweet post! Mack is so cute. I love how he is riding the gator by himself. So glad he is feeling better and hope you are too. Enjoy time with your parents tomorrow.
Hugs,
Tanya
This is a sweet post! Mack is so cute. I love how he is riding the gator by himself. So glad he is feeling better and hope you are too. Enjoy time with your parents tomorrow.
Hugs,
Tanya
Just in the short time I've been reading your blog he's grown so much. He looks happy and healthy and all boy!! It appears you are both blessed! Have a great weekend.
Post a Comment