I've started the month of March reading yet another chapter from {Lord Bless My Child}.
Be Still.
Hmmm.
What a concept.
.................................
I spent some time outside with my boys yesterday.
Watching them play.
Capturing their looks of curiosity.
Laughing as I saw them each do their own thing and suddenly realize what the other was doing.
..................................
The life they have - full of outdoor activities & opportunities to {play} in the dirt every day - I'm so very thankful for.
Thankful because it's an opportunity to feel the wind on their faces and to witness God's creations first hand. To know and believe that God is alive and well all around them.
Do they hear God's voice at this young age?
Are they aware of the beauty He has created?
Have we given them tools to know what stillness is - and the great importance for it in our daily lives?
I certainly hope so.
But just in case they need to witness the art of being {still} a little more ... I'm going to diligently try to give them as many opportunities as I possibly can to {be still ... and KNOW that HE is God} ~ Psalm 46:10.
And when days run into nights ... and weeks just seem to be spinning out of control durning this busy month ahead, I will pray to God that He will provide that time.
That quiet, still, peaceful time that seems out of reach.
That time where patience is essential.
That time where noise is far, far away.
That time where God is near.
March 1, 2009
Be Still.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







9 comments:
Years down the road we will all be blogging about an eerie silence that has taken over our homes... until then that stillness will elude us all.
I'm glad you got to enjoy your boys outside. They do have the perfect life.
Happy March! Happy enjoying time watching your boys dig, play, pretend, dream & grow...Happy day my sweet friend! Hope this month brings many, many moments of "stillness"....and in those moments you not only see God'hand, but, hear His voice, and feel His total Love surrounding you! Sweet blessings!
Linds,
This post is beautiful! I am glad you got to enjoy time outside with your boys. I love the pictures. I love the banner picture, and I love the green. Have a great week ahead. Happy March to you.
Hugs,
Tanya
In the stillness You are there, Lord.
I pray that you, Lindsay, will experience some stillness that affirms His great love for you ..... that you can pass on to your husband and children!
Happy March 1st!
Great post Linds! We have been enjoying some stillness around here lately. Much needed.
The pictures are wonderful. So refreshing to see ground without snow!
May your March be filled with the stillness that comes from knowing He is God and may your boys, as the grow, learn the importance of that stillness by watching you as you look to Him.
Blessings my friend.
I love the reflections that you have after reading that book - I might have to go and buy it!
Thank you for (yet again) another post that makes me think. You help me remember the important things about this life!
Have a FABULOUS week, dear friend!
Sounds like a great book to read. Stillness is hard for me, yet I know it is something I need to work on and to be an example of to my little one. Thanks for a really great post!
Post a Comment