Ever experienced a day when there seemed to be no end?
Ever wished for a rewind button to "replay" just a few hours of a day?
Yesterday... Easter. Resurrection Day. One of my absolute favorite days of the year, was one of those days. A day gone bad.
There were tears, temper tantrums, defiance, anger, frustration, anxiety, exhaustion, lack of communication, screaming, slamming, breaking... I could go on, but won't.
It wasn't pretty. There wasn't much to celebrate. Our positive attitudes and joyful smiles were few and far between. But God was near.
Yep. He was near. There was hope. There was peace. There was rest.
I struggled all day - knowing that this day of celebration was full of frustration... knowing that it would have been easier to give in and give up... knowing that the joy was being sucked right out of me.
But... God was near.
It was a day of celebration for Him. The tears, the anger, the despair... they were taken away, and as our eyes finally closed last night (more like early this morning), He offered rest like no other can.
Now, can you think of a better way to spend Easter?!
Well, I thought I could, but now, as I think about the events of the day, I see Him at work & alive... as He should be!
10 comments:
Ah...yes...His mercy endures forever! Amen!
Sounds like we had similar days. someday we will look back on these times and wish we had more. Love you Friend
I've had similar days when I have been totally reliant on His strength to get me through...and it's true...He never leaves us to deal by ourselves! His mercies are indeed new every morning!
wow, hope everything is OK today. love you.
Well said, well said ..... God is alive and ALWAYS near, if only we could see past our circumstances. So glad He gave you the ability to see His love and care through the cloudy emotions of the day.
Next Easter will be better :-)
You're right...it's often the times when cirumstances don't meet our expectations that we can sense His presence the most.
We all have those days. Especially those of us who have little boys right?
Praying that your Monday was a better day for you. I love how you look at the positive in everything!
I'm so amazed at how God can be near to me even on these types of days. I love your honesty, Lindsay.
Also, I have Hillsong on my ipod- Love it!
I can totally relate! Glad you could find God!
Post a Comment