March 8, 2008

Running out of Daylight.

I've just set all the clocks ahead 1 hour... ugh.
I was tired before, but now, just seeing the clock read 10:25 rather than 9:25 makes my eyes even heavier.

We gathered the cow/calve pairs this evening.
The cows knew exactly what to do - follow the feed truck & eat well.
The calves on the other hand go the complete opposite direction of the gate, the road, their mama...
They play, they run, & they make Ian's ears explode with steam.
It's actually quite comical - but don't tell him I told you that.

Tonight, as Ian finished gathering what he could, I stood at the top of the draw and watched in awe. The colors were brilliant. The shadows grew as the sun began to set. And I caught this just in the nick of time.

Get ready little calvies... tomorrow's the big day!

10 comments:

Deb said...

Ahhh, that is so cool!! It sounds like it was a great day (for you and the cows at least). The weather was great.
As a little girl I always dreamed of living on a ranch and having to gather the cows.

I agree about changing the clocks forward...I did the same and I'm exhausted. Gotta work early in the morning.

Shannon said...

I shall pray for the little cow hinies tonight. ;)

Brenna said...

:)

Brenda said...

Great pics. JP and Calgary are in bed fast asleep dreaming of the branding... Big day for all!

Becky said...

Best of luck today!

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

I don't know if I can look at your beautiful pics anymore....makes me really not love IA right now!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Such beauty!!!
Wishing we were there to help: feed the crew, keep the boys preoccupied, and watch the "poetry in motion"...
....Should be a great day for y'all!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful picture! It sure is beautiful out there!

Melissa said...

That picture is amazing, it looks like a painting.

Crystal said...

Phenominal picture (did I spell that right?)

Poor little calves, I bet their hind ends are touchy!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin