March 24, 2009

New Life.

It's shooting up everywhere around here.

Despite the wind and cold ... life still keeps coming & bringing with it beautiful things.

Like yellow daffodils here and there.



And little red babies too.


But more importantly, this break {despite being sick} has given me new life. I still have a runny nose & a bit of a sore throat, but I do feel new.

Maybe it's the fact my eyes are seeing things differently at a much slower pace than usual.

Maybe it's the numerous times I've found myself cuddled up on the couch or bed with my boys during the past 5 days.

I haven't been to the store since Friday. In fact, I haven't been to town since Saturday morning for the trip back to Urgent Care.

I've made plans to go out a couple of different times, but every time I get close to leaving or doing, something slows me down.

I don't want to stop the boys from playing.

I don't want to interrupt Mason's numerous conversations with me about tractors, excavators, loaders, and the sandbox.

I don't want to lift Mack off my lap to put him in his car seat.

I don't want to put the Play-Doh away.

I don't want to miss another word that Mack learns to say.

I don't want to stop laughing out-loud at how funny my boys are.

I don't want to stop watching Handy Manny.

I don't want to stop just enjoying this {break} I've been given.

................................................................................

Some people go away for a break.

Some people fill their days with activities they don't normally get to do.

Some people make plans for {dates} and {movies} and {lunch}.

Those are all {GREAT} things. They are. But they aren't what I needed during my 10 days off.

God knew.

He knew that I just needed to stop and watch and grow.

So I am.

and you know what ... it's really not too bad.

..........................................................................

Thinking of a question/answer post ... anyone got any questions/thoughts/ideas they want to know my opinion on??

Leave a comment or shoot me an email at libraryboss{at}gmail{dot}com.

.............................................................................

Hoping and praying you're able to see {new life} in your world too - no matter who you are or where you're at. It's there. Keep looking. You'll find it.

9 comments:

Katarina said...

SO thankful that you're having a good break despite being sick. It is wonderful to just stay home with no major plans. ENjoy the rest of the break my friend.

Shelby-Grace said...

Glad your break has been just what you needed! Sometimes the best times of life are the everyday things we miss, because we are so busy, we can't stop long enough to take them in. So glad you've had the chance to do that this week.

Question/answer post sounds fun. I'll be thinking of a question.

Becky said...

It is a blessing that you were able to listen to Him and allow some time in your life to just 'be'. It sounds like you are having a wonderful break. =) Keep enjoying it! Love you.

Anonymous said...

Love your post. Love the colors, and love the new banner. The picture of the baby calf is so cute! I am glad that you are able to rest and just enjoy time with your boys. Continue getting better.

Hugs,
Tanya

Anonymous said...

Sweet picture of Mack on your banner :-)
I'm so glad that you have been listening to the Lord prompting you to stay home and enjoy the life you have at HOME!
There is so much wisdom in this post!
We're looking forward to being with you in a couple of days!
Love you, love you!

Stacy B said...

Heres to a relaxing break! We are going nowhere and doing nothing and it's great. Give your family a hug for me.

Kirsten said...

So glad that despite the sick and tired you are blessed to be at home. Enjoying those two wonderful boys of yours and resting, listening, being. Home is often the best place to be. Love you my sister!

Michelle said...

I can SO relate!

Sweet Blessings said...

Praising God that HE is giving you just what you need this week! Sweet blessings!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin