January 17, 2009

Attempting to {Publish Post}


I've tried to post something for two days now ... and I got nothin'.

Not that there hasn't been plenty going on in our little world, but every time I sit down to type, I just sit here.

I sit here and stare at my 2009 motto taped to my computer screen.

Are you living your dream? Or just living your life?


I look at the pictures on my magnetic board.

A picture of the garden I so horribly wish was producing something of color right now.
A picture of the waves crashing against the sand at Pacific City.
A picture of Mack's little feet and toes.
A picture of my amazing husband staring back at me.
A picture of Mason face that has only his eyelashes in focus.
A picture of me with a camera around my neck.


I read words that my biggest fans wrote about me.

Creative, faithful, loyal, thoughtful, true-blue, inspiring, blessing, rich, passionate, giving, on the move, wise, animated, beautiful, mentor, real, artistic, joy-filled, trustworthy, ambitious, positive, compassionate, role model, energetic, talented, people person, real.live.woman., deep, delightful.
Some days it's easier to believe that great {stuff} than others.


I look out the window and see the neighbors cows roaming through the pasture.


I stare at my hands and fingers, urging them to write something. anything.

But there has been nothin'.


Sometimes ... it's just easier to look back. It's easier to put life in reverse and try to do things a little differently. It's easier to say {we should have done this} or {we could have done that}. If only life were that simple.

Looking forward. Facing facts. Looking at what's {real} ... reality ... it is challenging.

We're being challenged right now emotionally and physically ... and spiritually. There are some decisions we have to make in the near future, and as we look at our life & what lies ahead ... we need your prayers.

We need wisdom. We need peace. We need communication. We need love.

Our hope is in Him.

And even when it appears we're looking down, we're really looking up. We are. And we're praising the God that is MIGHTY TO SAVE!

11 comments:

Lisa said...

Praying for you...this very instant.

Kerry said...

"Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen" Hebrews 11:1
We're trusting and believing that God will increase your faith as you trust Him for His perfect timing in His perfect way!!!

Becky said...

We are thinking about you and your family right now. Praying that decisions are made and you can move forward. Waiting and thinking are often times harder than doing.

Anne said...

This is for from Everyday Christ, The Wisdom of Mother Teresa, a devotional daily calendar...

"Love Jesus with a big hear. Serve Jesus with joy and gladness of spirt, casting aside and forgetting all that troubles and worries you. To be able to do all these, pray lovingly like children, with an earnest desire to love much and make loved the Love that is not loved."

Prayers that answers will come and comfort will follow.

Sweet Blessings said...

Our prayers are surrounding you and will continue to do so...One day you will look back on these crossroads, and see God guided you down the right one! I know He will..and I know it's going to be the beginning of an amazing new journey...I also know sometimes, it's just plain hard to get out of the way and Let God! Change is always scary, Faith always involves risk (Risk that creates the necessity of trust!), & trusting God turns our dreams into reality. Wow! I think I just wrote a whole book back to you...mostly I just wanted to say...You are not alone...We are all here for you & your family...Sweet blessings!

Kirsten said...

Praying right along with you Linds! God will direct and provide for you all! Hoping your dream can become a reality.

Michelle said...

Blessings to you tonight! I love that you still look at the list of words that your friends used to describe you... you are a gift!

Katarina said...

Praying for you and your family as you make decissions on what looking forward looks like.

Anonymous said...

you, Lindsay are a Tough Cookie .. and life will not hand out more to you than your family can take -
praying for you

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

I can so relate to this post. I will be praying as well. Sometime life sends us some strange twists ad turns. I think you have a wonderful perspective.

Katie said...

He is your constant source of stability. He abundantly provides safety and great wisdom. He gives all this to those who fear Him. Isaiah 33:6 (NAS)

Love you dear friend...I will pray for you.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin