January 3, 2009

Documenting Comfort.

Who doesn't love comfort?!

Comfort food.

Comfy clothes.

Comforting friends.

Comfortable home.

{comfort}

I didn't leave my house today.

In fact, I didn't take a shower until 4:00. {pathetic ... but comforting at the same time}

......................................................

Dinner tonight.
{chicken & biscuits} from one of my favorite magazine subscriptions
Kraft food & family ** and it's free!! **



The newest addition to my growing collection.
{brothers} ** I can't thank you enough Brenna **


Mason & Ian are now living the {high life} in the trailer out at the ranch. I've done about 8 loads of laundry today ... and it's not because I was behind ... towels, blankets, coveralls, long underwear, socks, and stocking caps. Good thing I like laundry.


Remember the cow that couldn't get up ... the one that was drug up from the canyon here ... PARALYZED COW ... well, she started calving today ... twins ... first one was breech and twisted ... but came out like a champ ... second one was twisted and our friend, and vet Brent had to let Ian do most of the work simply because he's not very big & his arms aren't very long ... and well ... they got it out, but it did not survive ... ugh. Second set of twins today. My {loyal} cattleman does not give up ... and I'm not the only one who is thankful.

Ian and Mason came home for dinner tonight ... showered, played a little & built a fire for this cold mama ... and are now back out at the ranch.

................................................................

Documenting the day to day events that make our ordinary life {extraordinary} is worth every minute ... because it is in those 15, 25, or sometimes 45 minutes when the ordinary comes to life.
And it's the ordinary, that {dreams} are made of.

Comfort surrounded me today & as I turn out the lamp next to my comfortable bed tonight - not knowing what tomorrow might bring - I'll rest easy & well, knowing that {my COMFORT} is with me always.

Documenting Comfort.

Well worth every minute.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

We don't know what tomorrow brings, but we know Who holds tomorrow and can trust that He will give His comfort in every/any situation.
Sleep well and sweet DREAMS sweetheart!
Love you!!!!

Deb said...

Someday Aurora and I (maybe even the boys if I can get there minds off there girls for a while) sure would like to go out to the ranch with you to see and experience some of happenings out there.

That chicken and biscuts sure looks yummy... would you send me the recipe?

Sarah said...

First, you're the only one I know who likes laundry!

Second, the silver lining to a dead twin calf is now you won't have a bummer to feed if she were to reject one of them. They are so much work! :-)

Deb said...

Oh yeah, since you like doing laundry do you want mine? I can't seem to get caught up. LOL jk.

Love ya all.

Pendleton Pathways: International Travel said...

Good for you for documenting comfort!!! I felt cozy just reading your words. I do not think waiting until 4:00 is pathetic. Showers must be procrastinated every now and again to truly reach that needed level of comfort.

Have a great Sunday.

Sweet Blessings said...

Comfort is one of my favorite things....what an amazing post on it...I truly am amazed at how you take ordinary things and make them extraordinary....I'm thinking you should compile all your writings into a book..I would buy it for sure!!! I Loved that your big boy's shirt doesn't stay perfectly white either :D May your evening and tomorrow be filled with more comfort...And, may HIS comfort always surruond you! Sweet blessings!

Beth@playinwiththepaulsens! said...

now THAT is keepin it real...(the photo of ian)

Kristie said...

"Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That’s why it is called the present.” …

FROM KUNG FU PANDA MOVIE Master Oogway

Blessings to you and yours today (and tomorrow)!!

Anonymous said...

Another of my favorite posts!
I love that Ian takes mason with him to "live" out at the Ranch. I can't imagine what a strong and hard working Man Mason is going to be.

Katie said...

Wow...I have to say that all of that hard work is making me tired, not to mention the mud ;) Call me anytime, friend, if I can ever be a help to you!

Anonymous said...

Wow what a post! I love it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin