There is this woman.
This woman who looks life right in the eye.
She's gutsy.
She's beautiful.
She's courageous.
She's bold.
And maybe - if you're watching her close enough you might just see her blink ... but I doubt it.
I've started reading the book of Esther again. Yep. You read it right ... again.
You see, there is thing about Esther than intrigues me.
She was placed in a situation where demonstrating her faith in the midst of uncertainty was crucial for her survival.
And although Esther was faced with completely different challenges than me, I know in my heart & soul that Esther and I were meant to meet. {more than once}
We've become aquainted {sort of} ... in this land of uncertainty and unfamiliar ... because you see, when you {dream} ... really, really dream ... you leave the land of familiar behind. That comfort of knowing all the details that we as humans just HAVE to know ... the details of every little thing about our life that really we have no control over. Those aren't really ours to worry about.
Hmmmm.
.....................................................
from God Guides Your Tomorrow
God is economical. He doesn't waste training or experience. He knows what we are doing, what we are learning, and how He is going to use all of that five, ten, twenty years from now.
It's easy to be disappointed when we have prepared for "the plan of God for my life" only to have door shut in our faces.
That's because we were busy focusing on the plan when God was focusing on the preparation.
When the signals are blurred and you are uncertain, keep on praying, getting Christian counsel, but don't stop what you are doing. Trust Him to steer you if you are on the wrong course. But don't stop.
God knows how to move you when the time comes for you to be moved. He knows what is happening to you and what should be happening for you.
In other words, trust God to be God.
There isn't anything He doesn't know.
............................................................................
I'm sure Esther had her doubts.
I'm certain she wanted to know how and when everything in her life was going to work out.
She was human.
She was real.
Her faith, her courage, her boldness ... they were being tested.
The book of Esther isn't in the Bible just because.
Her story isn't very long, but it is powerful.
And the most amazing thing to me of all ... in the book of Esther, God's name isn't mentioned once.
Max Lucado sums it up best:
Quite the lady this Esther. You have to admire her courage.
You have to love her story. But there is one thing that is
tough to figure. God's name never appears in the entire book.
His actions do. His thoughts do. His plan does.
His fingerprints are on every page. But His name never appears.
Could it be that God is more concerned about getting the job done than getting credit?
.......................................................
God is at work. Each and every day. In your life & in mine.
But living in the land of comfortable, certain, and smooth sailing doesn't mean He's there.
Esther and I are going on an adventure during the next several weeks. Some friends are joining us too. I'm excited. Excited to see how God is going to use this woman of long ago to change and direct our lives today. Esther stepped out in faith. I am too.
Even if it is uncomfortable.
........................................................
Thank you for your prayers, emails and phone calls. I KNOW we are surrounded by love and I also know that as we make decisions and look toward the future - we are not alone.
What comfort it is to know that.
Peace.
17 comments:
Cool post, I needed this message today!
Linds
You are surrounded with God's "instruments of peace" in your life, to love and encourage you in your path toward trusting Him more and more!
Love that God has given you the ability to apply the lessons of Esther so well to your situation.
The insights you receive and share were given to you by Him!
Amazing post!!!
What a great post. Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I appreciate it.
May God continue to work in your life as you strive to follow where He leads.
Thank you for your post! You write eloquently and touch my heartstrings.
There's a song "God is in control" and whenever anything goes the way I don't expect it to, this song pops into my head. When I was reading your posts, that song came to mind. Prayers being sent to you and your family and the choices that need to be made.
May you be strong and courageous, Lindsay. Thanks for sharing your insights today. My heart needed to hear some of them. I pray we all fight the good fight of faith, and not worry about the credit. I am truly looking forward to His knowing wink and smile to let me know He's noticed...
Dad
Linds,
This is an amazing post! Thanks for sharing it. I have needed it for months now!! You know how to write and how to put things into words. Thanks for this Linds.
Great Post Linds! Don't you just love when the Lord speaks directly to us about stuff going on in our lives. His Word is so encouraging!! Thank you for sharing! Love you!
AMAZING Post...I think maybe Esther was writing it right along with you! I can't wait to know her more too....maybe I already do ?!?! YOU have a gift for sharing God's word...and THANK YOU so much for doing just that every day! Sweet blessings!
Your new banner is perfect...I hope you frame it for a special spot in your home!!! Or mine...:D (oops, the cow is the wrong color though!!! ha, ha) Sweet blessings!
Wonderful post!!! I hope Esther helps guide you through your big decision.
Very cool post- and I love Max's quote about God's fingerprints being all over the book of Esther- so true and yet I never realized it until now.
Your words are real. true. eloquent.
God is using you and I can't wait to see what's in store for you and your [dreams] this year!
Thanks for the inspiring post, Lindsay. Praying for God's guidance and blessing upon you.
Your RED banner is perfect for the upcoming holiday!
Red in every frame! :-)
Thanks for the new bannner!!
LLOOVVE it!
You are so talented!
Blessings to you today!
Dear friend,
Catching up on your posts today. I too love Esther. Her faith, courage, and quiet strength ... what a woman of faith. Speaking of women of faith, you are one of my favorites too. Thanks so much for speaking what is on your mind and in your heart.
I'm praying for you and your family.
Great post Linds!
I was thinking about reading that book again too. I shall get on it!
Linds,
I love the new banner! :-) It is really really great. It would be a great one framed and in your home I bet too! Have a great weekend dear friend.
Post a Comment