{written last night 1.27.09}
Things are quiet.
Toys are everywhere.
The only sound I hear is the {clanking} of the metal clasp of Ian’s insulated coveralls in the dryer.
I’m tired.
I taught some new things at school today, but not all of my learners were ready to learn.
I disciplined my son for disobedience tonight … several times, and his strong will fought back. Hard.
I’m tired.
Ian and I have been seeking God together {more than we ever have} during the past month or two … and wow … we’re blessed, we’re thankful, we’re finally at peace.
… but we are tired.
When the opportunity to buy a place near our old home was placed in front of us, we thought for sure we were ready. We met with the current owners, we filled out stacks of paperwork, we looked at our budget, met with the bank, and we waited.
The finance papers came back two weeks ago, and life suddenly came to a halt. The payments were going to be huge, even with a large down-payment, it still didn't seem {right}.
Wasn’t this our dream? Wasn’t it supposed to happen easily. Why, oh why did it just not seem at all possible? How can it not be right?
We prayed, we talked.
Others prayed.
And as reality stared us in the face, God also offered peace and understanding. The peace and understanding that only He can give.
It was hard to say no.
It was hard to realize that this dream we had of having something of our own wasn’t {isn’t} going to happen right now.
We’re tired.
… but we are at peace.
We know we’ve made the right decision by saying no to one of our many dreams.
We also know that the plans He has for us … {plans to prosper us and not to harm us, plans to give us hope and a future} are greater than anything we've ever dreamed.
While one dream is gone, we KNOW that there are others {many others} on the way!!
and if you don't' believe me when I say how blessed, loved, and hopeful we are ...
I know a little {spit-fire} named Mack ... who would LOVE to tell you all about it!
20 comments:
what a perfect ending to your post!!! love it!!!
I can sense your disappointment as well as your peace. Thanks for sharing.
Dreams fulfilled by our awesome God will be lined up with His timing as well. You can be assured that as a child of God, when He says "No", He as a BETTER "Yes" for you. So glad you are letting Him lead. He is the author of peace and He has apparently given you the peace that passes all understanding :)
Blessings!
WOW! What an amazing post. Good for you! I know how hard decisions like that are to make. We have been there. I think it is such a great feeling when you FINALLY come to a decision. And, you will sleep better at night knowing that you don't have to worry so much about it. The perfect place in the perfect price range will come along. Everything happens for a reason!
Reminds me of the verse: "You will keep me in perfect peace, as my mind is focused on You, because I trust in You!" (Isaiah 26:3 paraphrased by me)
Love that you are open to the lessons that God is showing you in patience.
Love you!
Hooray for PEACE that surpasses...maybe the point was the process - look where it took you. Praise God for that!
Blessings, friend.
Kellie
It is all about timing...HIS timing. What a great attitude you have! Love you and have a wonderful Wednesday!
this is a great post & one word to will be with me for the rest of today (because i need it) is PEACE!!! its hard to know why we don't always get what we want, esp when we want it. but His a BIG God & knows what is the VERY BEST for all of us. you seem to be handling all of this well. :)
we dealt with a stubborn, hard headed boy last night too. its rough being a parent... sometimes!
you take really good pictures! what kind of camera do you have?
It just doesn't seem fair that it costs so much to buy a place out in the country, does it? We realized that when we decided it was time to buy. We'll get there someday and so will you! :-)
Love the last picture of Mack ... he definitely has something to say about it!
Submitting to God's will and God's authority is not an easy thing.
I'm so glad you have peace in the midst of the disappointment.
I have a 2 year old who has the same look of delightful mischief in his eye as the cutie in the pictures... :)
I'm so sorry your dream was put on {hold}. I had a feeling that it involved a move of some kind but can I admit to you in a tiny voice that I'm glad you're not moving too far away? And yet I still wish you all the dreams you can drum up. I have no doubt that you'll have that {place} someday...
Big, giant-sized hugs for you this week... and here's to hoping that learners are ready to learn and listeners are ready to listen. :)
I'm so sorry this dream didn't become reality, but that just means an even better dream is on its way for you.
Hugs!
I myself have been dealing with a hard-headed, stubborn, strong willed little one myself.... many blessings to you as I am sure there will be more to come..
Good to hear-- you both are listening to God and realizing what you BOTH want and desire may have to wait for His timing... many more dreams to come... be patient my friend and the blessings will be GREAT!!! LUV the Pics of Mack!
Oh how I wonder what God has in store for you all - What plans he has for you and your boys (big and small)!! Peace to you today!
Praising God for HIS peace and answers to prayers....most of all I can hardly wait to see how HE turns many of your dreams into reality!!! Praising God for YOU...and praying this day is filled with lots of Sweet blessings!
Ahh, my husband and I have been through the same thing many times. Two years ago it repeatedly happened with three different homes we thought were "the ones." We were disappointed but everything worked out perfect in the end, by waiting, praying, calculating numbers, waiting and praying again! It is amazing how peaceful it feels to be done stressing and know you did the right thing and take a big sigh!
I can't wait to see what the Lord has in store for you and your family!
Thanks so much Linds for sharing your faith walk with us.
Lindsay-
You are amazing, thanks for sharing your thoughts.
Lindsay, thanks so much for sharing this...it reminds me that even though the circumstances may be different, we are all dealing with similar emotions as women, as wives, moms and families.
So glad He is taking care of us all :)
His timing will bless you!
Hugs my friend!
Post a Comment